need help with windshield wiper wiring

dyermullet

I have a a factory service manual.  I think someone has changed the wires in the connectors at the wiper motor because the colors don't match to manual and don't match up with the switch.

I need help with the wiring at the motor itself.  The dash side is correct.

Black wire - neg goes to the middle terminal.

I need help with the positive Black with yellow strip, and the other negative light blue.

Which terminal gets the positive (black with yellow stripe) and which one get the light blue?

Thanks in advance.

not really a Diagram but should help keep in mind this was later 71-mostly 72 wiring 

2011-12-29_175655_71_chevelle_wswpr_wiri

Darren

Then there is this poor picture for 1970-71. I lent my wiring manual out and dont have it back yet to copy that one..

wwpump_zpsrl6gpn6d.jpg

Darren

Thank you very much that is exactly what i needed. That is how i had mine wired, but the fsm shows the solid black to be on middle terminal. But looking at two motors it didnt make sense. I am going to write this into my manual (in pencil).

I work with electrical schematics for a living. Maybe i am just used to the gm manuals from 80s cars on up but this 1971 chevy manual wiring diagrams is horrible.

Is their a better book i need to find. Maybe a dedicated chassis electrical book?

I had to take the switch apart to confirm which wires do what because nothing matched the manual

Thank you very much that is exactly what i needed. That is how i had mine wired, but the fsm shows the solid black to be on middle terminal. But looking at two motors it didnt make sense. I am going to write this into my manual (in pencil).

I work with electrical schematics for a living. Maybe i am just used to the gm manuals from 80s cars on up but this 1971 chevy manual wiring diagrams is horrible.

Is their a better book i need to find. Maybe a dedicated chassis electrical book?

I had to take the switch apart to confirm which wires do what because nothing matched the manual

Then there is this poor picture for 1970-71. I lent my wiring manual out and dont have it back yet to copy that one..

wwpump_zpsrl6gpn6d.jpg

Darren

I just used that same picture drawing to hook mine up. I installed a new under hood wire harness a few years ago, I forgot how to hook it up

I have found my windshield wiper doesn't seem to work either.  I have confirmed switch was OK and just removed motor and tried powering up with spare battery and hear clicks but get no movement.  I didn't understand the Black and Yellow was the ground but either way I try it it doesn't turn.

Are these worth trying to fix??  Mine has oil on the bottom of the motor casing so I suspect bearing failure.  Shop manual seems to think you can tear into it but that was back when parts for it were available.

Where is the best to get a replacement for a 1970?

Black with yellow is positive not negative. 

When testing on the bench you have to make sure to attach a second negative lead to the body of the assembly. 

I am on my 3rd cardone reman. first was doa in box, second worked for a month now on to the third.  They were all wired the correct way.  After the second one died I just questioned my wiring.

What I can say is the remans look just like the picture of the brand new cardone units.  All of mine have had a brand new frame, new gears, I dunno about the motors.

• Like 1