It's Time for More Monte Trivia, Folks!

David Mau

It's been a while since we've done this, so let's do it again! I am going to ask three questions, and will post the correct answers on Monday afternoon. It's not "Super Millionaire" or anything, but feel free to post your answers just the same!

1) The front bumper of a '70 Monte Carlo was also used for what other GM model?

2) Who was General Manager of Chevrolet when our FGMCs were built?

3) The '69-'70 Impala, '70-'72 Chevelle and '70-'72 Monte Carlo each have distinctive bodyside sculpturing (or "blistering") that surrounds the wheel openings. According to former Chevrolet chief designer, David Holls, what was the inspiration for this type of bodyside detailing?

Good luck to all! wink

Dave

1) The front bumper of a '70 Monte Carlo was also used for what other GM model? "El Camino"

2) Who was General Manager of Chevrolet when our FGMCs were built? "John Z. DeLorean"

3) The '69-'70 Impala, '70-'72 Chevelle and '70-'72 Monte Carlo each have distinctive bodyside sculpturing (or "blistering") that surrounds the wheel openings. According to former Chevrolet chief designer, David Holls, what was the inspiration for this type of bodyside detailing?

"Dont know. Got me on this one" frown

What, only a few takers? LOL Well, it's Monday, so I guess that I've got to post the answers like I said I would, anyway. Here they are:

1) You both are correct, MarchieB and "Montefrazer" Steve - as the '70 Monte Carlo and '70 El Camino did in fact share the same front bumper. smile

2) You are correct, "Montefrazer" Steve. John Z. DeLorean was General Manager of Chevrolet when our FGMCs were built. smile

3) Well nobody correctly guessed this one. frown According to former Chevrolet chief designer, David Holls, the distinctive bodyside sculpturing (or "blistering") surrounding the wheel openings of the '69-'70 Impala, '70-'72 Chevelle and '70-'72 Monte Carlo came about due to his thinking that "sides should have more interest or detailing", and from his being "interested in European rally cars that started not to have wheel lips, but the surface around the wheel opening faired out." Kind of cool, eh? wink

Thanks for your participation, guys.

Dave

*raises eyebrow*

Cool trivia, David! Very interesting...thanks for sharing!

*snaps finger*

Kinda wish I hadn't completed "Monte JEOPARDY!" for Monte Madness 04...I mighta been able to utilize some of those trivia questions...lol!

Cort, "Mr Road Trip"/"The Uniter", 30swm w/pig valve & pacemaker

"Mr MC"'s Family...& train & models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

RIP = '76, Parents' [my] MC ... '88 MC LS ... '00 "mc" LS

Spotting MCs = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html

MC's Future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/