Save the steering wheel?

Droff

I've got the original steering wheel, but it looks pretty rough. Can these cracks/broken pieces be repaired or replaced or am I SOL?

Thanks.

post-1245-0-87658800-1469670176_thumb.jpg

post-1245-0-07021300-1469670214_thumb.jpg

post-1245-0-23754000-1469670248_thumb.jpg

I think that one may be too far gone. You may be able to find a better one from one of our members.

rob

I agree that one is pretty bad they actually just came out with that standard wheel but the only insert offered on the new standard wheel is the SS on the horn pad. A good replacement option would be an original optional four spoke sport wheel.

If you decide to replace it let me know by a Private Message. I have some VERY nice originals of that style wheel. I also have the optional 4 spoke wheels. It would look like the one below, but with a Monte Carlo emblem in the center.

IM004792_zps67876e50.jpg

Drew, I've restored a few wheels but your is toast. I can repair cracks & splits and repaint but when the warping of the plastic is that bad...it's a waste of time.

I actually picked up an aftermarket steering wheel a while back for my '70, it's still in the box so it looks like it'll go on the '71.

A 15" Grant.

Thanks for all the info.