2.5" or 3" exhaust on 1970 Monte Carlo?

V8Freak

X-pipe is the best, H-pipe second, and no cross over is last...unless you have a 3 1/2" exhaust then a cross over pipe is not really necessary and actually would be hard to do with an exhaust that big.

I too like Sam have a complete 3 1/2" exhaust system on my car...up and over the rear axle to the bumper. 

Unfortunately Torque Tech where I got mine from closed their business recently.

Plan it out and be careful. I had a three inch exhaust already installed on my car. I went with the X-Pipe. Then  I installed Viking rear coil over shocks. The 3 inch tailpipes no longer fit with those shocks. I had to get custom tailpipes made.  Another thing is if you install a rear sway bar. I went from the rear sway bar that bolted to the rear lower control arms to a Hellwig rear sway bar that mounted to the axle and to mounts that come down from frame. The mounts that came down from frame were to close to the 11 inch Walker Super turbos I already had installed on the car. So I had to change muffler to ones that were not so wide... I like the three inch exhaust just didn't plan well when making changes I guess. I didn't realize that was going to happen. Good Luck !!

See picture in link below of mounting for sway bar.        http://scandc.com/new/node/266

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

Old topic, but I´ll enclose brand new exhaust system from Martelius Exhaust, Finland. Original headers, 2,5" pipes with standard mufflers. Works fine, H-model pipes. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3byfddo5e1d60f6/File%2020.6.2017%2018.43.17.mov?dl=0

Anssi of Finland