2017 Western Meet: Penticton, BC

Canuck

• 2 weeks later...

7 weeks! Most of my 70 interior is back together. Still lots to do on the Montes though.

• Like 1

6 weeks from today members will be arriving at the hotel for the Western Meet. At this time we have 26 members and 27 cars expected. Fantastic attendance!

:yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

I booked the restaurant for the banquet today. We'll be at Santorini's again for their fantastic buffet and we have the whole restaurant to ourselves. The restaurant is walking distance from the hotel as well.

I have word that the Rosedale Motel is full. If you need a room and can't find one available let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Added one more member to the list from California for this year's Western Meet. Now 27 members and 28 first gen Montes traveling from Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia. Not only will this be our largest Western Meet to date, 16 members are travelling over 400 miles and 5 of those are over 900 miles. What an amazing group we will have from all over the Western US and Canada.

Aaron, considering there will be a filming crew to film this event and am pretty sure your way ahead of me on this but, it should be known that the largest group of 1st Gen Montes will be attending the Peachtree Event and will be the largest gathering of 1st Gen Montes West of the Mississippi coming from different parts of the Western US & Canada.  Maybe that will help them in deciding to add a segment for the 1st Gens.  That would be GREAT exposure for the 1st Gens.

What do you think?

Doug 

Dennis interviewed Cory Mohlman at the Eastern Meet in Carlisle a couple of years ago and was at the last Eastern Meet in Hiwassee 5 years ago.

They took a quick shot of our Montes at the Peach City Beach Cruise in 2008 during a mini-meet.

We have one of the cabins booked for the show at the Rosedale and unfortunately some of our gang will not be making the show.......so...if anyone is looking, it is a two bedroom full kitchen.

That suite has now been taken. :)

There are two standard rooms available. Send me a message if you need a room.

3 weeks to go!!

• Like 1

I'm ready! To prep for the trip to another country I've been practicing saying some of the weird words you guys use a lot up there that are not part of the American dialect... namely: "Thanks" and "Sorry".

I believe those must be official words of the Canadian language that roughly mean the same as "I need a beer" and "I'm out of beer"...

• Like 3

Starting to count the days. Only 16 days until members start arriving at the hotel in Summerland!!! Coming fast now

Working on the route for the Thursday cruise during the Western Meet. Here's where I think we'll get a group shot. The cruise route will stop at a winery and a few other scenic points of interest. I will be doing this route a couple more times before the meet. The members that will be participating in this cruise are in for a treat.

IMG_3424.JPG

WOW!!! That is absolutely beautiful, looks like my kind of place

There's a reason this location gets  the highest Western Meet attendance.

Looks beautiful Aaron. Thanks for all of the work and planning you have put into planning this meet. The success of any meet is the number of people attending but if not enough pre-meet work and planning are not done the attendance will reflect that. Thanks for all you do for the club!!!

rob

• Like 2

I received this message from the Peach City Beach Cruise:

If you have not yet pre-registered for the 2017 Peach City Beach Cruise please be aware that, due to very high registration totals to date, there will be NO day registration on Friday June 23 or Saturday June 24 this year. As well, because of mail delays, we have removed the mail-in registration option. The only registration method at this time is using the online method at: www.onlineregistrations.ca/peachcity . Please don’t delay sending in your online pre-registration. We will shut down the online system when we reach our maximum number.

Two weeks from today we'll be enjoying a long cruise including some twisty roads, nice scenery and lunch at the beach.

• Like 2