direct how to guide for floor shiftier ??? help

anthony_72monte

The 70-72 Chevelle/ Elcamino consoles would be more correct for the 70-72 Monte Carlo, but the 68/69 Chevelle/ Elcamino consoles will also work. They just have some cosmetic differences. Such as the seat belt stowage clips verses rubber seat belt pockets. The console compartment lids/ doors are also different. The 4 speed shifter plate was the same from 68-72.

• 2 weeks later...

Also you will need at a minimum a console extension wiring harness. Mine required a dash harness as well because my original harness did not have the pigtail for the console. I was told by various folks that all the harnesses were the same and I wouldn't need a dash harness. Well let me tell you that after ripping my harness out of the car I discovered that wasn't at all true. The console car harness will have a connector for the console about midway across the dash. There is a chance your car has this connector, but it isn't guaranteed.  

Of course, in order to make all the lights work (and the nss function) you could also jumper into the door light switch wiring, but I wanted to make mine without splices or anything creative in case 50 years from now someone else gets behind the dash for whatever reason. They will have a vehicle which is accurate per the schematics.