INTERIOR - Clock Removal/Install

Hello:

I am a new member who is trying to find out if there are any tips to removal/install of the clock for a 70 Monte with Guages. I would like to remove the non-working clock, have it changed over to quartz and re-install. The car also has fact A/C. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Jadob

Jadob,

First off I would like to welcome you to the First Generation Monte Carlo web site. I am sure someone will be able to help you but I have not done this to mine yet. I know there were some earlier posts on this very subject within the past year. There were posts on 4/30/01, 8/13/01 and 9/22/01 but right now we are having some problems with our web server and some things are not working properly.

If I remember correctly it is not the easiest thing to do and you must take great care in removing the instrument cluster. It is easy to break mounting tabs and damage the printed circuit board.

I am sorry I can't give you more information but the above is what I remember. I would hold off until someone who has done this can give you the pointers you need. If you don't get any response in this section of the board I suggest you repost your request in the General section.

We hope you will also consider becoming a member of our club, there are a number of members from the California area.

Rob

------------------

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

Jadob, This is a difficult job. It's very involved but doable by taking your time. E-mail me and I'll give you complete instructions which are quite long. Ed

'71 Black 406/700R4

'71 Saddle SS454 orginial

'71 Project, 2" chop planned

[This message has been edited by ejw71 (edited 04-30-2002).]

Ejw71 if possible shoot me the instructions also smile.gif Thanks.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ejw71:

Jadob, This is a difficult job. It's very involved but doable by taking your time. E-mail me and I'll give you complete instructions which are quite long. Ed

'71 Black 406/700R4

[This message has been edited by ejw71 (edited 04-30-2002).]</font>

------------------

We who are truly brave will never live in fear...The Rock

1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Page

monte_thumb.JPG

Pete@firstgenmc.com

Ed, if you would, can you send me a copy as well? I've already done this on my ride, but I'd like to compare your directions to what I did. Thanks. smile.gif

------------------

"Whenever legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property

of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary

power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people,

who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience."

- - John Locke, 1690

Monte1a.jpg

please Ejw71, could you blast me over a copy too, thats something, at some point i needs to do too, change out my clock smile.gif

thx muchly

jon smile.gif

This sounds like something we need to post in the technical section... I would like a copy also since I would like to do this too.

Rob

------------------

Have send a copy to requestees. Let me know

if instructions were unclear/missed something. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4

Have fulfilled all requests. I wasn't this popular in high school. Ed

------------------

'71 Black 406/700R4

thx too Ed,

your instructions gave me a heads up on the speedo cable disconnection too, i got a 'dry' squeek i needs to graphite smile.gif

jon

ditto.... Thanks Muchly You are a gentleman and a scholar, your kindness and good nature are only exceeded by your willingness to help others,,,,, I wish there were more like us.

Rob

------------------

ditto.... Thanks Muchly You are a gentleman and a scholar, your kindness and good nature are only exceeded by your willingness to help others,,,,, I wish there were more like us.

Rob

------------------

Well since I am the guy that started this wonderful information transaction I would like to say THANK YOU to Ed. I would also like to say that being a new member to this site I feel very fortunate to have people like yourselves that are as experienced to help those in need. I look forward to more post and more "brain-picking" in the future

Jadob

• 3 months later...

You have mail smile.gif

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by McCall72:

Does any one have these instructions that ejw71 sent you?? He seems to have deleted his copy!!! Thanks in advance!</font>

------------------

Chevy_anim_drkgreen.gif We who are truly brave will never live in fear...The Rock Chevy_anim_drkgreen.gif

1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Page

monte_thumb.JPG

Pete@firstgenmc.com

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ejw71:
Pete, Please send me a copy. I promise to never delete it again. Thanks, Ed</font>

Hey Pete, Please forward me a copy too.
I'm thinking of replacing my clock as well, because it's only right twice a day biggrin.gif.
But the problem is I have a master battery cut-off, so the new clock would keep stopping anyway. Got any ideas??? Where does a quartz clock get it's power from???
Thank You,
Bennnnnn

------------------
Remember: Your car isn't LOUD enough, until it rattles the china in your neighbors' china cabinets!!!
Best Regards,
Ben

http://thenunz69.tripod.com/

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete_72_Monte:
You both have mail biggrin.gif

</font>

Thank You oh kind Sir biggrin.gif !

------------------
Remember: Your car isn't LOUD enough, until it rattles the china in your neighbors' china cabinets!!!
Best Regards,
Ben

http://thenunz69.tripod.com/