Prices

71 MONTE 4 YA

I had the headliner re stretched in my 72 and that alone was $175. It was $300 to have the Legendary Interior Bolster Seat covers put on the front seats. So to me $450 is not bad.

Sorry to be a downer here but when the vinyl top is removed there is a good chance the lower part of the back glass area will have rust holes through to the trunk on both corners.

Be prepared!

I hope I am wrong.

Bruce

Sorry to be a downer here but when the vinyl top is removed there is a good chance the lower part of the back glass area will have rust holes through to the trunk on both corners.

Be prepared!

I hope I am wrong.

Bruce

Bruce that's already being addressed at the bodyshop. It really wasn't that bad but it was removed

Looks like a big deal to me! I didn't know it was this far along.

I often thought it would have been nice to have the deck lid go all the way to the back glass like cars a few ears newer had.

This would eliminate that whole panel and have the back glass lower area drain out and not let water sit there and rust. It was a poor design IMO.

It's going to look great!

Both the headliner and vinyl top for that price are indeed a great deal. As long they're as being professionally done. I also agree with Bruce's comment on the poor design, the general had a brain fart there, though I do believe some other GM cars came with weep holes and drain hoses in that area.

Looks like a big deal to me! I didn't know it was this far along.

I often thought it would have been nice to have the deck lid go all the way to the back glass like cars a few ears newer had.

This would eliminate that whole panel and have the back glass lower area drain out and not let water sit there and rust. It was a poor design IMO.

It's going to look great!

It really wasn't that bad. I just wanted it all out of there. Here are some before pictures:

20160925_180205.jpg20160925_180228.jpg

Now would be a good time to put in those drain hoses. Go to Auto zone and get 2 radiator drain repair kits ( plastic tube with 2 orange rubber gaskets). Install them right where that curved piece from the quarter stops and just after the weld area on that piece you replaced. Drill a hole thru,insert tube with gaskets and tighten plastic nut on under side. Then just run rubber/vinyl see thru tubing (Home Depot ) down thru your drain plugs on trunk drop offs. you will be amazed how much water runs out of those 2 tubes. I hope this is accurate enough for you, Since I can't find a picture of it. Had mine done for the last 9yrs.

• Like 1

Now would be a good time to put in those drain hoses. Go to Auto zone and get 2 radiator drain repair kits ( plastic tube with 2 orange rubber gaskets). Install them right where that curved piece from the quarter stops and just after the weld area on that piece you replaced. Drill a hole thru,insert tube with gaskets and tighten plastic nut on under side. Then just run rubber/vinyl see thru tubing (Home Depot ) down thru your drain plugs on trunk drop offs. you will be amazed how much water runs out of those 2 tubes. I hope this is accurate enough for you, Since I can't find a picture of it. Had mine done for the last 9yrs.

Thanks for the tip Jim! Gonna try it.

Went to Autozone today and no one knew what I was asking about.Any possible way for you to post picture of the item?

No ,  you will have to sacrifice a hole in that repair piece.They go into the rail after you are done with that repair .The flat part will be on that repair side with the tube going into the trunk. The gasket goes between the rail and the flat piece for the tube( I just finger tightened the nut). You can get the clear tubing at Home Depot. the size I can't remember but I got like 4ft of it.They run down your trunk to your drain plugs. I drilled/cut them for that size then rubber gasketed them to hold in place in the plugs.  

No ,  you will have to sacrifice a hole in that repair piece.They go into the rail after you are done with that repair .The flat part will be on that repair side with the tube going into the trunk. The gasket goes between the rail and the flat piece for the tube( I just finger tightened the nut). You can get the clear tubing at Home Depot. the size I can't remember but I got like 4ft of it.They run down your trunk to your drain plugs. I drilled/cut them for that size then rubber gasketed them to hold in place in the plugs.  

Where exactly do these go? Will the window sealer block the holes. Can you perhaps show the location in a picture?