Red Paint On 71-72 Tail Light Bezels

MC-71

This is a very interesting subject to me.

My 71 was built in Canada and I do not have any red on these taillight pieces mentioned.

I know paint does not adhere to chrome well and it may have blown off 40 years ago but I think I would have noticed that.

It's sort of like not all our Monte's were sprayed with low gloss black, on the lower rocker areas.

Just rambling on here, sorry....

Bruce

Mine look like this. Maybe I got wrong ones on here?

No.  Those are correct.  Just missing the red paint on the 4 horizontal bars.  I have (1) NOS 71/72 Bezel w/painted horizontal bars.

All I can say about the color is, as I remember, it looked blood red to me.

Doug

Good job Vaughn. You have it right. I never mentioned that the Red is transparent. I will pick that up. One more question. Are the bars painted on 3 sides or just the top. I think 3 sides. Thanks to everyone that helped in this. Did you spray or brush it?

Doug, I live in Canada, we have to label the crap out of everything because our Gov"t doesn't think that we are smart enough to look after ourselves. Ok got that off my chest, lol

It is Metal cast code CMC200-Red

Anodized Colour effect over chrome

Heat resistant and durable. (durable it is!!!)

Carl, if you look very closely at a NOS lens it is painted on three sides. I did a light wet sand with 400 then applied a few light coats to get the colour depth I thought was close. You don't want to loose to much of the chrome finish before you paint.

• Like 2