Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Supaflytnt

16 X 8 with 5" BS

Hey all, after doing some research on this thread, I am pretty confident this will work but before I spend the time and dollars I want some feedback if this will work.

I want to put 16 X 8" wheels with 5" of backspace on all 4 corners with a 255/50-16 tire on each wheel. Will this work without rubbing? I was considering putting 275/60s on the back but I want to make sure they all fit...

For what it's worth, I'm planning on putting Viking coilovers on as well. I will do this at the same time if this will help get everything to fit. Whadyall think?

I am aware that questions like mine about wheels and tire combos and if they will fit may be a little tiresome. I just haven't seen a lot of comments on size 16 wheels; just trying to save myself some headaches, so i appreciate all input!

Your not to far off on the size. I ran 16x8 with 4.5" back spacing and 255/50 with no issue. On the front I went with 16x7 4" backspacing and stayed with the 255/50. A 255/50 is a 26" tall tire that is 10" wide. I moved back down to 15" wheels so I could run the Mickey Thompson sportsman pro tires.

I want to put 16 X 8" wheels with 5" of backspace on all 4 corners with a 255/50-16 tire on each wheel. Will this work without rubbing? I was considering putting 275/60s on the back but I want to make sure they all fit...

255/50's will fit in the back with that wheel width and back spacing.

As for the front I am thinking the wheels would be pulled in too much with that width and back spacing and rub on the inner fender or an end link. I have 255/50/15's on my front with 4.5" of b.s. on a 7" rim and I remember it being close...your width and b.s would bring it in a 1/2" closer. I know you are talking 16" rims and tires but for the most part they are very close to the 15".

Also when you mention 275/60's are you talking 15" or 16"...I never heard of that size in 16"

I know the 255/50/16 I had on the front of my didn't rub with the 4" backspacing. I'm with Bill I don't recall seeing a 275/60 in a 16" wheel maybe a 15" wheel.

thanks for the replies fellas. I guess i wrongly assumed there would be a 275/60 or even a 275/50 on a 16" wheel. I was able to find one 275/45r16 on a Toyo brand tire on the interweb, but at this point it seems like such an odd size tire that i will prolly just go with 4 mickey thompson ET street s/s 255/50-16s, with the front going on 16x7" wheels with 4" bs and back going on 16x8" wheels with 5"bs.

Also, I plan on putting front and back viking coilovers this winter so hopefully being able to adjust ride height will ensure a good fit