Will these coilovers work, before I pull the trigger!

o_rod

I want to stiffen up the front suspension of the monte as the back already has the full Hotchkiss sport kit.

I have chosen to go with a coilover setup and found a set of QA1's local to me in the classifieds for a great deal. Here's the catch, they are part# gs401-10350a which is listed for 1967-1969 F-Bodies and 1968-1974 X-Bodies. But, they use the same stud and t bar mounting as the monte and have the same length. Any chance they will fit? Their spring rate is 350, would that stiffen up the front end?

Thanks guys, hoping to make these work and save a few hundred bucks in the process!

Do you have a big block or a small block? If it is a big block do you have an aluminum intake, heads, etc.? I have the 450# springs on my QA1 set-up and it is fairly stiff with my big block, aluminum heads, and intake.

If you are looking for a stiff front end and have a your car similar to mine then like Sam mentioned those springs will be too weak.

I had the QA1 setup on my Monte.  I had a small block with aluminum heads, aluminum intake, ultra lite forged crank, etc.  I originally bought setup with #350 springs and didn't like the compressed height.  I didn't like the lack of potential spring play on compression.  Kept the #350 springs as a spare and bought the #450 springs.  I liked the #450 springs much better. 

Also, for what is worth, get the dual adjusting setup.  Extra money but you'll be happy with the dual adjusting shocks. JMO. - Dave

I'm running a SBC with iron heads, aluminum intake, no AC. Probably on the lighter side as far as Monte's go. This is just my weekend warrior to thrash at the track and the streets so I'd like it on the stiffer side. 350's won't cut it I'm starting to see... I think I'll go with the 550's.

How would a set of Koni adjustable shocks and BMR 2" drop springs handle? Obviously won't be as stiff as the QA1's but at half the price I'm pretty intrigued. I emailed BMR about the spring rates to see how stiff they are.