Want Your Thoughts

Rob Peters

Rob, the 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week before overtime is a company policy designed to minimize the expense of overtime.  Hence the reason the company sends you home early the next day if you work more than 8 hours a day.  The reason they do that is because it is a Federal Law under the Fair Labor Standards Act.  If you work more than 40 hours in a week, you begin being paid overtime for every hour worked over 40.  It's the law.

I am aware of that. What I was referring to is in some states the state law states that not only full time but even part time employees receive overtime pay for any hours over 8 in a day.

rob

Rob If you check on Tire Rack under Tire size and enter in 225 70 15 you will see under Specs it matches up to what you are after I believe

It shows a 225-70-15 =  27.4

Darren

• Like 1

The wide ovals  have that "tuxedo" look on our Monte Carlo's . I never really thought how they looked on our cars. I still like my redlines though. I think Coker had a very good price on those white wall tires.Plus they are right in Carlisle at the Spring Carlisle swap meet. I had a shop right down the street put them on my '55 Chevy stepside years ago,then drove right back to upstate New York.

On my 70 I purchased on Sept 20th of 69 I had the G70 white wall series tires with the 7" wheels and standard full wheel covers. I really liked the looks of that car. Forest Green with a dark green cloth interior.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to keep the tire diameter as close to an original tire as possible so the speedometer is as accurate as possible.  For all of you tire guru's out there.  I am not sure if the original tires were G70-15's or G78-15's.  From what I am seeing on line here are my thoughts:

If they were G70-15 I think the tire diameter was 27.5 inches so I think my best bet would be either the 215/70R 15 at a diameter of 27.3 inches or 215/75R 15 at 27.7 inches.  I think I could possibly even go with a 235/70R 15's at a diameter of  27.95 inches.  

If they were G78-15 I think the diameter was 28.0 inches  and I think my best choice for that would be the 235/70R 15 at a diameter of 27.95 inches

How flawed is my thinking.  Out of the three which would I be best with?

rob

I'm under the impression our cars came with G70-15 tires.

Larry, I am not going with Bias ply. The 225/70 15 is the perfect replacement size for the original size tires.

rob

• Like 1

My 70 non SS car was ordered with the G70 15 tires and 7" wheels. When you ordered the G70's it came with the 7" wheels but you paid a little extra for them. 

• Like 2