What is the blue plug?

pocobill7t1

Sounds like you're describing the vent plug. I can't see the attached picture clearly. Is it an electrical plug? Probably a th350c with lock-up converter?

• Like 1

The picture is not my tranny, but the blue plug / connection is the same as in my car.. The trans came in the car when I bought it a couple of years ago. I have a feeling this must be a new transmission 1978 +.

Sorry for the bad pic I will get an actual one later on. It looks like a electrical connection but unable to get a good look as it is hard to see in the car. Will try to get a mirror to see what's on top of it. Thanks guys

Turbo 250C from 79 thru 84 and turbo 350C from 79 thru 84 used this plug for the TCC control wiring. Its used for convertor lock-up and the computer electrical-mechanical control system.

• Like 2

Turbo 250C from 79 thru 84 and turbo 350C from 79 thru 84 used this plug for the TCC control wiring. Its used for convertor lock-up and the computer electrical-mechanical control system.

OK so I don't have anything hooked up to this? Advantages or disadvantages .

Not using the lock-up function will not hurt the transmission BUT why not hook it up to utilize the lock-up feature at cruise. B&M makes a wiring kit for this. "NOTE" Lock-up and non lock-up toque converters are not interchangeable, must use the torque converter for the style trans

• Like 1

You have to take off the torque converter. A non lock-up converter will not fit all the way on to the input spline There is a extension to the input shaft that has a "O" ring on the end. Locking up the converter gives about 1 to 3 MPG's. Tranny runs cooler a bit as well.

• 8 months later...