Caulk for inside Trunk Bumper Bolts

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Had my rear bumper removed as I had some adjusting to do.  Now that all's good, I noticed there was some type of a sealer/caulk between the washers and trunk deck that secure the bumper to the body of the car.

Anyone have an idea on what product I should use to reseal from the weather?  What gave you the best performance?

Appreciate any recommendations.

Doug

When I removed my bumper the nearest thing I could come up with was something called Duck Seal.  It is used in electrical work where an electrical cable goes through a hole in the wall.  If you look at many homes where the exterior wire enters the house this is sometimes used.

rob

I think they used that dum dum stuff around that. Not totally sure but anything to seal it up would be good. I actually didnt use anything on mine as it dont really see bad weather any more.

I think if you google both Duck Seal and DumDum putty you will see they may be the same thing.  Thanks Steve, I had forgotten they were one in the same.

rob

Pretty sure it's actually called duct seal. Construction electricians use it. You wouldn't want to seal up a duck. It would eat something and then explode.

Messy.

Dan

Pretty sure it's actually called duct seal. Construction electricians use it. You wouldn't want to seal up a duck. It would eat something and then explode.

Messy.

Dan

Sorry to mislead. You are right.... Duck is one of the brand names, Ideal is another, GB (Gardner/Bender is another. Any Home Depot or Lowe's should carry it in their Electrical Department.

rob