My son and I have a new project

Nice looking car Dale.  I too like using U Tube instructional videos.  I have been learning how to touch up the exterior paint chips.  I hope I am as skilled as yourself when that time approaches.  A very nice job on the Interior and engine is looking fantastic.  You and your Son should be proud of your accomplishments.  Can't wait to hear how she runs out when all back together.  Keep up the GREAT work your doing............ :)

Doug

• Like 1

Dale, I can't think of a better way for a father and son to really get to know each other and bond than sharing an interest in working on old cars.  Many people here know that my first car was (and I still own her) a 1929 Tudor Sedan Model A Ford.  When I found the car and told my father about it he told me that his first car was a 1929 Model A Ford Tudor Sedan.  My dad would do what he had to do on cars but working on them was never his favorite thing to do (he and my mom had a lot on their hands raising 4 kids and working the activities we all wanted to do) butt when we brought this car home he and I, with the help of some friends had that car completely disassembled the same weekend we brought it home.  

He was a great source of information on what was original and what was not on that car.  I cherish the memories of his helping me on that car and it so warmed my heart to see the smile on his face with every milestone I met while I restored that car.  Enjoy the time you spend with your son on these cars and I promise he will have fond memories for the rest of his life.

rob 

Dale, I can't think of a better way for a father and son to really get to know each other and bond than sharing an interest in working on old cars.  Many people here know that my first car was (and I still own her) a 1929 Tudor Sedan Model A Ford.  When I found the car and told my father about it he told me that his first car was a 1929 Model A Ford Tudor Sedan.  My dad would do what he had to do on cars but working on them was never his favorite thing to do (he and my mom had a lot on their hands raising 4 kids and working the activities we all wanted to do) butt when we brought this car home he and I, with the help of some friends had that car completely disassembled the same weekend we brought it home.  

He was a great source of information on what was original and what was not on that car.  I cherish the memories of his helping me on that car and it so warmed my heart to see the smile on his face with every milestone I met while I restored that car.  Enjoy the time you spend with your son on these cars and I promise he will have fond memories for the rest of his life.

rob 

That is awesome. My dad and I worked on a couple Chevelles. Both were 67's. 

To be honest my son is living in Taiwan. The plan was for us to restore this car together. But now he is going to be there two more years. I have Parkinson's and don't know what kind of shape I will be in two years from now. So I started the restore with the help of my daughter and her boyfriend. Soon to be son in law.  This car will be my son's. My daughter will be the owner of my other 71  Monte Carlo. My son has his 72 Monte stored here. My soon to be son in law has a 70 Monte we are working on right now also. 

post-4433-0-20897500-1505448032.jpg

post-4433-0-45858700-1505448123_thumb.jpg

post-4433-0-66954100-1505448213_thumb.jpg

post-4433-0-63920900-1505448961_thumb.jpg

I did the sticker treatment on mine too, but it was covering my expensive window tint, so I took them off. Only sporting the FGMC and a Black Widow exhaust sticker for now..