Putting 18" Wheels On A Stock Monte

I recently purchased an all original 71 with stock 15x7 rally wheels. I do really like the old school look of the rally wheels, but also like the look of a more modern wheel. I'd like to have the ability to swap wheels for different occasions and events. The modern wheels I really like are the grey colored Boss Motorsports model# 338 wheels. I would like to get them in 18". My whole dilemma is that I don't want to modify the car in any way to make the wheels fit (rolling fender lips, trimming the inner fender edges, swapping to a narrower rear end, etc). I want a wheel backspacing that gets the maximum wheel depth, but won't interfere with clearance. I have seen a few 1st generation monte carlos running these wheels and wondering how they are setting them up for sizing. I am interested in seeing someone post up pictures of this wheel set up. 

Here a couple photos of my 72 with Ridler 675 17 X 8 wheels and Nitto 50/255/17r tires. These tires are the same height as the 15 X 7  rally's with 60/255/15r set that I took off to keep my speedometer correct. It is within less than 1 MPH different than what was removed according to my GPS.

post-785-0-74318600-1488923803_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-36514200-1488923822_thumb.jpg

I am just finishing my 72 drive train build, radiator, engine, 700R4 and rear end. I only need to do the 3 inch exhaust now. I took it around the block and there is no way I am ever going to lock up with 500 HP/Torque and started thinking of doing a mini tub. I have 15 x 8's on there now but as far as I knew I could only get 245's and maybe 255's. Leghome, are you saying I can get 265's under there with no sidewall rub or anything? That is certainly a cheaper option than a mini tub to get 300+'s

Thanks in advance.

Here a couple photos of my 72 with Ridler 675 17 X 8 wheels and Nitto 50/255/17r tires. These tires are the same height as the 15 X 7  rally's with 60/265/15r set that I took off to keep my speedometer correct. It is within less than 1 MPH different than what was removed according to my GPS.

Sorry Tonedef but I had fat fingered the keys. The post is edited to show 60/255/15r.

Thats cool, but 255's will fit with no problems? I thought 255's were pushing it. If you say you are having no trouble, i will go with 255's over 245's.

thanks in advance.