Quarter window rear rubber window guide?!

V8Freak

So I do not know where to find the particular seal/guide. One screws too the body on the outside of the window and one clip to the inside. As the rear glass rolls the back runs along these and they seem to keep the window from rattling or moving around and sort of act as a guide. I managed to make outer ones out of wether stripping from the bottom doors of a 06 f150 bit the immersive with the clips I'm having trouble finding. Anyone help?

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am in the same bind, need both the inners and the outers, haven't been able to find these anywhere. Hope we are talking about the same seals, they run vertical at he rear of the quarter glass.

Any Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

They don't make the outers so I took the rocker moulding from a mid 2000's f150 it's perfectly shaped, trimmed to proper length and took a piece of steel to reinforce where you screw it. It's shaped like a v, honestly it worked amazing

(From Rob Peters:  Matt was having trouble loading the pictures so he emailed them to me and I am loading here for him.  Thanks to Matt for this tip.  Just a note, when you open each of the pictures look at the bottom o the picture for a brief description of each picture.)

post-20-0-67731400-1502926198_thumb.jpg  post-20-0-31582400-1502926303_thumb.jpg  post-20-0-85409500-1502926326_thumb.jpg  post-20-0-80617600-1502926349_thumb.jpg  post-20-0-86093900-1502926378_thumb.jpg post-20-0-30539700-1502926422_thumb.jpg  post-20-0-24418900-1502926432_thumb.jpg

They don't make the outters so I took the rocker moulding from a mid 2000's f150 it's perfectly shaped, trimmed to proper length and took a pice of steel to reinforce where you screw it. It's shaped like a v, honestly it worked amazing

Do you have any pictures of where on the F150 the piece comes from an early your newly made piece converted to fit?

rob

I can't post pics on here but if you give me your email we have a few trucks here I can send you a pic of the piece and location on the truck, you just trim it to length so it butts to the top and goes down just below quarter window

The width is perfect you literally only need to trim for length and find a thin metal strip to put inside the v of the rubber so the screws don't pull through the rubber and also so the whole length sits somewhat flat against the car.

I have added Matt's pictures to his earlier post.  Thanks to Matt for this tip because this is a part many here have looked for and/or attempted to reproduce..

rob