tough finding original parts

As if the springs have not been frustrating enough...yah still an issue for us cry. Going to put originals back in, measure & see where the car sits. May need them shims - Where do you buy them????

Now we need a carb gasket & after 2 parts stores no luck - even checked out that ROCKAUTO.com Link that someone just provided and they show what the parts store does. Mine (best way to describe) looks like mickey mouse ears inside. It is really tough to find these parts anymore.......it is going to be a miracle if my car makes it to Indy with all the road blocks that keep popping up. There may not be enough Rum in the world to keep Greg going crazy

Well carburetors have kinda fallen out of favor about 20 yrs ago. So it can be a little trouble to find them .Seems everyone wants fuel injection now days ( and I dont blame them ) . If your talking about the base gasket for a Quadrajet (spreadbore)type carburetor They should be available at NAPA or HIPERFORMANCE parts houses . The thick ( 1/4" ) that GM used was to help stop heat transfer to the carb . I cant put my hands on a rebuild kit to give you a part" just now. If I can find it I'll add the number.

Not too sure about your description of Mickey mouse ears, but if your gasket has two small holes and two large holes, try felpro #60255 for the thick gasket for a qudrajet.

21J05YC8NFL.jpgThis would be the 60255 felpro..

4141MESX2QL._AA280_.jpg this would be 60111 felpro..

Would this be the one! Im assuming it's a four bbl we're talking about? I think this is common to the 4bbl Quadrajet.

These are available at most parts stores but probably would have to be ordered.

Thanks for the pics!

I believe the bottom one is the one we almost bought but neither look like the original we have. Yes, it is a 4 bbl q-jet.

Our is the like bottom pic except the top is shaped like mickey mouse ears cut out (rememebr the mickey mouse club hats?).

• 1 month later...

In reference to springs at the begining of your post message. Take a look at Eaton Detroit Spring. They have been supplying leaf and coil springs since 1937. On their web site, www.eatonsprings.com, they say they can lower or raise coil springs up to 2 inches.

I know this doesn't go with the carb gasket question but I will post it anyway. Hope it helps.