Photos of SS posted for new member, 1970mcss

overdrive

One of our newest members bought an SS454. Congratulations on your purchase, Paul. That's a great looking car. Here it is.....

Dan

post-339-0-53921900-1491393826_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-42275700-1491393842_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-40383600-1491393859_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-53441100-1491393885_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-14293700-1491393904_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-09423200-1491393919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing photos of Paul's new '70 SS, Dan!  

Paul, your double-black SS Monte must have really stood out when it hit the streets 47 years ago but it is even more unique and attractive now - super cool!  I like all first gen Montes, but I confess to being very partial to the '70 model year and the SS is the coolest (although the 402 4/speed is more fun to drive, IMO).  

Congratulations on your purchase! Hope you have a great time making her just what you want.

• Like 1

Dan. thanks with posting the pictures. I feel lucky to have found this car. I was at a car show 25-30 years ago in my wife's home town and looked at a car that was almost an exact copy of this one. I have been looking for a 1970 SS ever since. In January on Ebay I saw this car listed in New Hampshire, I contacted Jim the owner, told him my story and asked him for additional pictures. I made him an offer and he told me he would have to ask his wife Mary. I though that it was odd that he had to ask his wife but as it turns out it was her car. Jim told her my story and Mary excepted my offer. Turns out Jim was a Ford man and Mary liked Monte Carlos, I asked why they were selling it and Jim told me that they were going to retire to Florida and had no where to store it. She bought the car in 2001 after it had been stored for 13 years, It had 70000 miles on the clock when she bought it. After 16 years the clock reads 80000. Jim & Mary sent me all the documents including both build sheets, copies of the bills of sale, all of the receipts and a truck full of extra parts. 

Dennis as it turns out the car is Black with a Dark Jade interior. 

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about these cars and I think the people on this forum will be a great help with that.

• Like 1

Paul -

Congratulations on the SS.  I actually looked at that car back in January and almost bought it but in the end bought one that was a little closer to what I was looking for.  Unfortunately for me, it is not any where near as nice as that one.

Anyway congrats again and welcome to the club