Tailpipe Hangers question

1970mcss

Does anyone know or have a good source for tailpipe hangers for my SS. The car came with what looks like one aftermarket and one factory. It also came with aftermarket pipe extensions. I have the factory extensions to put back on but it looks like they clamp at the hanger.

In-Line Tube out of the US. I bought them for my 1970 chevelle ss and my 402 4spd car and now my 71ss monte.

look identical to the originals.

Darren

• Like 1

I see "chrome tip" mentioned vs the other one that does not, good to know.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

I got the new hangers and tailpipe extentions installed this weekend. The hangers are perfect but the Instruction sheet picture is backwards. I installed them as pictured and the extensions stuck out to far. I took a look at the assembly manual and it showed the hanger should be mounted toward the front on the car (if that makes sense). The picture shows the hanger toward the rear.

post-6465-0-02477500-1495553271_thumb.jpg

Paul, you're spot on. From the photo provided, your tips seem to be positioned within assembly manual spec. I haven't measured, etc, but boy I've seen a lot of those SS tips over the years. It seems guys are getting more careful about installing them in the factory position, too.

Jeff

Jeff, I have seen many that stick past the bumper, I think it might me that they followed the instructions that came with the hangers. Mine came out close to the factory measurements. I had to cut back the tailpipes about 5 inches to make the connection at the hanger. They look so much better than the aftermarket Pilot Motorsport extensions the car came with. 

Thanks Paul