Major hvac problem on air conditioned monte

V8Freak

So cars done after 8 years lol. Everything went ok but drivers vent was not hooked up. The car is a air conditioned car and looking at it, sort of seems like it should have went In with dash at the same time. Well I'm not pulling all that out at this point. Summer is here and I've been waiting for this day forever. Someone else must have run into this problem it's not something you think you should have to do before putting the dash in. My question.. is there any possible way of sneaking this beoch in from the top or something or possibly just mocking g something up that will work? Please help!!! Lol this is the story of my life

Are you referring to the dash driver side vent?  If so, and Iv'e never tried or considered removing driver side vent but it can be done with dash in on passenger side and easier if you remove dash pad.  I'm betting driver side can be installed with dash pad removed.  Good luck,

Doug

you may be able to reach everything by removing the pad and loosening the dash itself, then just moving it forward enough to get at the vent tubes. Its hard to tell what is needed from your description... you have no vent tube installed? Is that what you are missing? The drivers side is a hard plastic tube that is difficult, but not impossible, to wiggle into place by feeding it through from the middle of the dash. Come to think of it, you are going to want to remove the center vent as well. Good luck. I don't envy you trying to do that, but I recall doing that myself by resting the dash on the steering column and a jack stand on the passenger side floorboard.

I believe he is trying to install this duct for an A/C car. If you can not get it in you are going to have to pull the dash outward some. To do this you can put 12 inch threaded rods in the outer top dash steel frame mounting locations. Then remove the 5 other dash frame bolts. Do not forget the hidden one above the steering column. Then slide the dash outward toward you and install that part.

IM006054_zpspdja9vrn.jpg

• Like 1

I believe he is trying to install this duct for an A/C car. If you can not get it in you are going to have to pull the dash outward some. To do this you can put 12 inch threaded rods in the outer top dash steel frame mounting locations. Then remove the 5 other dash frame bolts. Do not forget the hidden one above the steering column. Then slide the dash outward toward you and install that part.

IM006054_zpspdja9vrn.jpg

That is the part!

Watch out for that fragile shift indicator cable on the steering column if you lower it!

A little more information.  Always remember to support the dash in the center. I use old couch cushions for this.

I'm guessing new cushions would work just as well, but may come with a penalty.