Interior Spray Paint rattle can???

1970mcss

Does anyone know if anyone sells Dark Green interior paint. My trim code is 784 Dark Jade. Jegs has a rattle can that is posted as 69 dark green. I'm not sure if it is the same.  I'm looking to paint the steering wheel hub. Any help would be great.

Thanks Paul

Paul you might check out somewhere they sell SEM products. They have a wide variety of colors on their interior paint. I have used their products on my daughters car a few years ago and the color matched the factory color really well.

Is it a satin finish? I think you should try the code in the pic and have a little mixed to check it. These codes are the colors used on the vinyl top trim and on the cars I've checked, it also matches the interior metal trim. If it matches yours, you can have a paint supplier put it in a rattle can, or just shoot it from a paint gun.

Dan

post-339-0-55065400-1495670202_thumb.png

post-339-0-50342000-1495676902_thumb.png

What year car are you working on? 1970 used a Dark Metallic Green/ Dark Green Poly, 1971 used Jade Green, 1972 used Dark Green. The 784 code would be for a 1970. A steering column should be a low gloss paint. Different greens were used in 1969. Meaning more than one green.

• 2 weeks later...

yes you will need to clean prep and prime before painting for best results...but really..u probally could get away with a good cleaning and some adhesion promoter sprayed on first....