just found I have trunk release option . please help

Here's what my trunk lid deck looks like with trunk release. The wire runs out the right side(passenger side) part of the trunk. The left side(driver side) has the trunk light wire. I'm assuming this is how it is from the factory but not sure. Here are some pics.

There we go. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh fellas now I want a button :(

Here's one option and there are probably others: http://klassickeyless.com/applications.html (Scroll to the bottom of the page)

Factory Style Power Trunk Release Kit

7289917.jpg

In our power trunk release kit you will receive: 1 Power trunk latch, 1 manual push button, wire and wire loom, full color step by step instruction manual, trimming template, and all necessary hardware. This is everything you will need to install a factory style power trunk release system in your classic car. Like our keyless entry power trunk option, this may require some minor sheet metal trimming on some vehicles for installation.

GMPWRTRNK

1964-72 GM A-Body, 1959-72 GM B-Body, 1967-69 GM F-Body, 1969-1972 GM G-Body, 1962-74 GM X-Body factory style power trunk release system.

pixel.gif

$149.95

That Keyless Klassic kit is a very easy install. I also went with the power door lock and trunk release kit when I redid my 72 in 2013. Love both of them. Now I wish I would have converted to power windows also.