Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
MonteMack

Rear window corner repair?

Hey guys just wondering if any of you have had a similar rust problem in the same area and if so what you did to fix it? I know it will require taking the window out and grinding all the rust away before welding in a new piece, anychance they make repair panels for such an area? Was just curious as Its become a pressing issue for me since its leaking into the trunk and back seat... any info would be greatly appreciated. cheers

http://imgur.com/a/1UiYW

uploaded a few pics to imgur since Idk how we're expected upload within 500kb on here. 

That's a fairly common area for rust. I recall seeing a repair panel for the window channel area somewhere on this site and knowing our members someone will likely soon post with a link to the thread. I thought I saved it in my favorites but just looked and couldn't find it.

If its any consolation mine was that bad as well.

Yes, also had my rear window repaired for same issue.  Bad sections removed & replaced with metal.  Someone had tried filling in the bad areas with Bondo & Beer Cans in it's earlier life.  I have never seen patch panels for this area myself (other than the lower panel) but would make the overall repair(s) much easier than having to form those patches.  As you see in my last pic, that lower panel won't cover the corners of lower window.  Are you doing the repair(s) yourself?

Pic's showing my window rot:

Doug 

post-458-0-41627400-1496658252_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-07767200-1496658369_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-48088500-1496658436_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-85447800-1496658513_thumb.jpg

Yes theres a guy that makes them, belden mfg. something like that I see it advertised on face book also someone has put it on here also just not sure where.

Oh hell yeah thats what im looking for lads! Ya im gonna try to do the repair myself as im almost always hard for cash daily driving this pig at my age haha. Cheers

To all - the website has been changed and the links changed with it.  The hew link to our rear (and front) window channels and patch panels is www.beldenspeed.com/rust-patch-panels.  We are also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/beldenspeed

Thank you to the Monte Carlo community as the interest has been very high.