2018 Western Meet: The Dalles, Oregon

Canuck

15th Annual Western Meet
The Dalles, Oregon
August 10-12, 2018

Event
Event: Cruise The Gorge

We are returning to The Dalles, Oregon for the 2018 Western Meet. This is a great 3-day event with car shows and cruises through the scenic Columbia River Gorge area. Our last meet here in 2010 had a fantastic turnout and we expect 20+ members again.

Weekend Schedule

Thursday:
Pizza party at the Hotel

Friday:
Cruise throughout the Columbia river area
Evening Neon Cruise in downtown The Dalles

Saturday:
Show in the shade
Event trophies/prizes

Sunday:
Dufur car show
Dallesport drag racing
FGMCC banquet dinner with awards and prizes

Event registration

Hotel info
The Dalles Inn
112 W 2nd Street, The Dalles, OR
1-888-935-2378
Rates:
Queen:
$89 Aug 9-10
$125 Aug 11-12
King:
$98 Aug 9-10
$134 Aug 11-12
2 Queens or King Deluxe:
$116 Aug 9-10
$161 Aug 11-12
This is the same hotel we stayed in for the 2010 meet. It is right in the middle of the cruise route and a great location.
- Several restaurants nearby.
- Pool
We have held a block rooms under the name FGMCC (confirmation 105895). If you need a room at the hotel, you need to phone the number above and reserve a room.

If you have any questions regarding the meet, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Photos from our 2010 meet in The Dalles

http://www.firstgenmc.com/album/10WMeet/10WMeet.shtml

Cruise-The-Gorge-Weekend-2018-01-1-400x7

med_gallery_588_72_1413157491_2196.jpg

med_gallery_588_72_1413157490_2170.jpg

4328386198_3a8d1e005d.jpg

med_gallery_588_72_1413157485_2078.jpg

med_gallery_588_72_1413157480_1988.jpg

So, this will be a great time. As the local member living near the Dalles I've already begun to plan for the fun, and hope to be able to assist in any way needed.

• Like 3

This is a great location for the meet. We had 22 members when we were there in 2010. We could possibly break the Western Meet record of 27 members at this one.

I've been a member for three years now joined the club at the bend show and had a great time, just went to penticton, bc. And had a great time all the members I have met in the club are great people hope to meet some more members at The Dalles show next year it sounds like a great show see you then.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We (and by "we" I mean Matt) are working on hotels for the meet and we should have some information in the coming months. Stay Tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
Hotel info

The Dalles Inn

112 W 2nd Street, The Dalles, OR

1-888-935-2378

Rates:

Queen:

$89 Aug 9-10

$125 Aug 11-12

King:

$98 Aug 9-10

$134 Aug 11-12

2 Queens or King Deluxe:

$116 Aug 9-10

$161 Aug 11-12

This is the same hotel we stayed in for the 2010 meet. It is right in the middle of the cruise route and a great location.

- Several restaurants nearby.

- Pool

We have held a block rooms under the name FGMCC (confirmation 105895). If you need a room at the hotel, you need to phone the number above and reserve a room.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just made my hotel reservation tonight. This will be the longest trip I have made in the 71. Me and my wife are looking forward to meeting everyone attending. We are planning to leave our home during the early morning hours of the 10th. I assume most members attending will be down by Thursday afternoon. If anyone wants to convoy southbound on Friday, let me know. Looking forward to a great time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been planning the driving route for the tour... so far I’ve planned from my garage to the kitchen fridge. Thankfully there is beer in the fridge, so many will like the route.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're adding more members to the list for the 2018 Western Meet with some driving their Monte Carlo over 1,000 miles to attend. At this point we expect members from Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Registration for Cruise the Gorge is now available. I recommend you pre-register if you are attending the Western Meet.

Online registration:
http://midcolumbiacarclub.org/cruise-gorge-2018/

Mail-in form:
http://midcolumbiacarclub.org/mail-registration-form/

Having problems with online registration & contacted event organizer.  Problem determined at my end, so will try a different browser for registration & payment.

While talking I was asked who I was with and I informed them the FGMCC and that we had attended in 2010 as a WM Car Club, expecting around 24 cars estimated this year.  He was excited that we are returning and said he would try to see we had group parking for the Venue.

Aaron might want to confirm with them @ (503) 309-0041.  I let them know our event organizer may contact them at this number.

Doug

I will call them again. They are aware of our group coming.

I figured so Aaron but he acted so surprised when I told him we were returning from a previous year and after identifying who we were, I felt is was worth a FYI just in case.  He did say that he would advise the Parking Committee to accommodate us as a Group.  I estimated 24 vehicles...............  ;)

Doug

• Like 1

I had a conversation wit him last night. They will make sure we have an area for our cars to park as a group. He remembers our conversations last fall and they are excited to have us there.