1970 Monte Carlo SS wheels

Nasblu

Were the PH1 15x7 steel wheels specific to Monte Carlo SS or could any 1970 Monte Carlo have this option added?

I know that the ZJ7 Rally wheels was an option on any 1970 Monte Carlo but were the SS cars the only ones to get 15x7 Rally wheels and non SS cars with the ZJ7 option get 15x6 Rally wheels?

I'm not sure what you are trying to figure out but it might help to remember that the '70 and '71 Monte Carlo SS454 vehicles were NOT different models.  There was only one model of the Monte Carlo, a 2-door, hardtop coupe.  

The VIN of every single '70 and '71 Monte begins with the same 5 digits "13857" where 1 = Chevrolet Division; 38 = Monte Carlo series and 57 = 2 door hardtop body style.  The "SS454" was an available option under RPO Z20 which appeared on the Build Sheet along with a package of 8 other available options including LS5, M40, P90, G67 and T60 which also appeared on the build sheet and PH1 or ZJ7, F41 and N10 that were apparently included under Z20 (but not specifically listed on the Build sheet) along with the SS badging.

Although I have frankly not paid as much attention to the Build Sheets of non-SS Montes (except my own, of course), I am well aware that some non-Z20 '70 and '71 Montes have some, if not several, of the options that were included when the Z20 option was ordered.  For example non-SS Montes that have M40 TH400 transmissions, N10 dual exhausts, F41 HD suspension and G67 Automatic Level Control, T60 HD battery, etc.  I see no reason why ordering ZJ7 Rally wheels on a non-SS Monte would result in a 15x6 wheel nor why PH1 15X7 steel wheels could not be ordered on a non-SS car.  Those RPOs may have been linked to ordering the P90 G70 white stripe tire, but I believe even that was possible on a non-SS Monte.

Maybe some other members will have Build Sheets for non-SS cars that will clarify this for you.  

When I received my '70 Monte 402/4-speed, it had 15x6 Rally wheels and 245/60-15 tires all around (looked terrible, BTW) but those wheels were all stamped with the three letter code that said they came off of an El Camino.  The Build Sheet of that car said it was shipped with the standard black 15X6 wheel and the G78 dual white stripe tire and that is exactly what the spare tire was in the trunk.

IMG_2578_zpsqkajwgsh.jpg

1972 Monte Carlo Base model. 350- 2bbl car. only has buckets and console as an option.

Has original everything from factory belts, plugs, hoses, tower clamps white wall bias ply tires, and Paint with 21,007 Original Miles.

Came WITH Factory ordered and installed Rally wheels 15x7's and not an SS car  

They are Not a G70 bias ply either..... they are an F78 = 215-75-15 Factory

Tons of Docs and order sheet and bill of sale from 72 to prove and then some....... hahaha

Darren