Message Board

2018 Western Meet
[clock1]

2018 Eastern Meet
[clock2]

Home  | Join  | Merchandise  | West Meet | East Meet | Monte photos
Meet Photos | Tech  | Museum  | Parts  | Registry  | Links  | Officers

Photo

If The Ceiling In Your Game Room Falls.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Peters

Rob Peters

Retired Vice President FGMCC

• Administrators

• 15,184 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa. USA
  • Legal Name:Rob Peters
  • Occupation:Retired Senior Field Engineer Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

If The Ceiling In Your Game Room Falls and nobody hears it happen, did it really fall????? 

It is not a trick question.  I needed to get something out of our game room for one of our son's.  I could not maneuver the basement stairs on my crutches because they are too narrow so we went around to the man door entrance from the outside rear of the house.  When I unlocked the door I had trouble getting the door open.  I finally forced the door open only to find what was blocking the door.  About 1/3 of the ceiling had already come down and some more of it hanging down.  

There is no evidence of what caused this to happen, no water leakage or dampness in any of the ceiling tiles.  These are 1 foot square ceiling tiles and when I put it up I used a staple gun.  The tiles have been up over 10 years.  My son and I pulled as many of the other loose and hanging tiles down as we could but I suspect the remainder of the ceiling will continue to pull out of the firing strips because on my crutches I can't do anything to prevent any further damage so once I have recovered and am back on both feet I know a project that will be waiting for me.    BUMMER.

rob

To access my website click the link below

My Two Girls

http://www.cardomain...robsmodelamonte

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

#2 willie

willie

Silver Member

• Members

• 1,556 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Legal Name:William Conforti

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Hey Rob, I see alittle more bad news.   I just had that happen to me last month.  Took about 3 hrs to get them back up.   Now another reason you have to get better fast.

WILLIE

#3 yorkies

yorkies

• Members

• 300 posts
  • Locationpymatuning lake, pa

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Seen a bumper sticker the other day that said.," if you need a hand, don't call me" kinda Rude Huh. Maybe we could have our western Pa./Ohio mini meet in Pittsburgh, don't forget your level and staple gun.

#4 Vinniepooh

Vinniepooh

• Members

• 433 posts
  • LocationWaterford, Michigan, United States
  • Legal Name:Vince Jimenez
  • Occupation:Retired, Fleet and Highway Maintenance Superintendent

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

Sure seems like this kind of stuff always happens at the most inconvenient (while you're off your feet).time.

Vince

Like Scott says...Always remember rule #264 Chapter 7 Paragraph 8 of your rule book. "No pictures....didn't happen"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Home Page
Mission|Benefits|Join|Renew|Merchandise
Message Forum
Members' Montes|Meet Photos
Tech Info|Museum|Parts|Registry|Links|Contact Us