Talking Montes from beach to boat

Sitting on the beach by the lake for my lunch break and I notice that a boat keeps coming straight for me getting closer to shore. Closer than you normally would if you were simply boating around the lake. The couple in the boat were staring at my 70 Monte parked on the road behind me. I'm watching these two stare for 5 minutes or so and the guy finally asks if it was mine. We chatted for a while. As it turns out he's a huge fan of these cars and currently has a 71 with a 402. He's owned several first gens over the years. Very nice couple and live not too far away. He spotted that roof line from a long way out in the lake and came closer to look. That's the first time I've had a Monte discussion from the beach to a boat. He pulled in as close as he could so we could try to hear each other over the noise of the water and cars. It was comical to have to yell at each other to have the conversation. LOL.

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

• Like 1

Cool story ... gotta love the profile of a first gen Monte ... as unique and timeless as any Ferrari every built!

But when can we expect to see him as a member? Capri would have shown her stalker abilities by swimming out and giving them a club business card, did you?.....

On another note. We were at a birthday party and across the alley there was a car under a car cover. I told my son it was a first gen Monte under that car cover. He said "how can you tell". I told him that I knew by the way the cover hugged the rear fender extensions. Awhile later the owner came out and my son asked him what year Monte was under the cover and he replied 1970 and asked how we knew it was a Monte and my son told him what I had said.... He was impressed. I have been able to do that more than once. (And yes, I have informed them of the club.

rob

• Like 1

But when can we expect to see him as a member? Capri would have shown her stalker abilities by swimming out and giving them a club business card, did you?.....

If I didn't have to go back to the office after lunch, I may have! He's got my phone number and will be in touch.