1970 Interior Question

fox1970

New to the group and just bought a 70 Monte with interior code 767 Blue. Im looking to see the right color paint/dye to spray my dash pad and where to get it also which carpet color is correct??? Can anyone help please?

you need to find a auto paint supplier. what you are looking for is called SEM COLOR COAT.THIS IS FOR THE INTERIOR ONLY. any color you want.16.00 a can. dries very fast. don't use over 50% humidity.

Brent, welcome to the fgmcc web site.  We hope you like what you see and decide to become a dues paying member of the club.  just a not, we love pictures.

rob

Brent,

Technically, interior code 767 is Dark Blue knitcloth while code 758 is Blue cloth (both the color and texture are different).  I have all of the 1970 Monte Carlo sales literature and the AMA Specifications, but I can't find a single reference to the color of the carpet for any of the interior options.  I would assume the carpet color would match the seat belt and pillar molding color which are also specified as dark blue for the 767 interior.  

Maybe you should take a seat belt or one of your pillar moldings when you go paint and carpet shopping.  Good luck.

Welcome Brent!

I've found that the SEM colors never exactly match.

It's best to find a body shop supply and bring them some part of your interior to match with a paint they'll mix for you. Most can put it into an aerosol spray can for you.

Plastic and vinyl need to be cleaned properly. Most cleaners like Fantastic, 409 or even glass cleaner leave something behind. PPG's SU4902 is a plastics specific wipe that leaves nothing behind. Use it after first cleaning with something else. The SEM or even Duplicolor plastic primer easily found at AutoZone are like glue, even when dry they leave behind a sticky surface. With some warming between coats, the resulting paint surface is difficult to scratch.

• Like 1

Your local paint supply store like Finish Master can match sem die just take them a piece of your interior and they will be glad to match it for you. My local FM did an excellent job matching my dark green to dye my new sport wheel that you cannot buy in green