Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
lastss

Rare Nos SS hockey sticks on ebay

Bob, do you have a link?? or item number? Never mind, I found the auction. Looks like 71 only

Not mine. Just wanted to have a member here have a shot at them, hopefully for a real SS

Bob, do you have a link?? or item number? Never mind, I found the auction. Looks like 71 only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Monte-Carlo-SS-NOS-RARE-rear-panel-moldings-DIECAST-8705549-and-550-/302415693695?hash=item466961477f:g:9CwAAOSwcklZke51

I wish they were the lowers, anyone have a nice right side lower??

Paul, the lowers are very common, they came on every 1970 & 1971 Monte.

If they don't go stupid I will buy them to have them machined out of stainless. Still need a set so I don't have to take my car apart

I went up to $400 for them but someone has a pretty stout bid on them 

There is always a sniper laying in the weeds on EBay. I have lost so many bids on desirable items from these trolls.

There is always a sniper laying in the weeds on EBay. I have lost so many bids on desirable items from these trolls.

I used to lose to those guys, too, Glen - I joined them and often beat them at their own game.  Just wait until the last couple of seconds and bang it with your highest maximum bid.  You may still lose, but somebody is going to have to pay dearly to beat you and more often you will win with a bid much lower than your maximum.  Why tip your hand that you are even interested or run up the bid unnecessarily?  I often don't bid at all until the last few seconds. It takes some nerve to hold out that long, but networks and computers are fast - very fast. That probably make me a "sniper", too, but if you really want to win, you have to use successful tactics.

Yes,that's true but I know what I am willing to spend and it takes great discipline to not get caught up in the game. If I win good if I don't other opportunities will come up. I scored those knock off stainless upper moldings from a gentleman for real cheap when I see what these are going for. I almost feel guilty! Now if I was redoing a 71SS than it may be a different story.

All I need is the borrow a set from somebody... I'm in the predicament most people are I don't want to have to take my car all apart in the rear end to take these off, the one's on my red fake SS is the ones Larry made out of stainless.. we have a machine shop here in my hometown that could make them easily just need something to go by.

Someone wanted them bad!! Like I said Snipers..... I paid $100 for my knock offs and they are stainless. I came out smelling like a rose!

where did you find the knock offs?

where did you find the knock offs?

from a gentleman who was making an SS clone. He had a machinist make 2 sets out of stainless. One set went with the car he sold and I made him an offer on the 2 new set. Right place, right time.post-1188-0-40063900-1503668079_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a key component for a 1971 SS car. As rare as they are, the airlift stuff occasionally becomes available because it could be had on any GM A body car.

With these hockey stick moldings, a non SS car can be made into one. There's no documentation that can dispute it. What started out as a 2 barrel 350 car could be made into an SS-and sold as one.

Most of us can't do such things. I bought my hockey stick moldings when they were like eight bucks each. My car is NOT an original SS-and when asked I always have and will always state such. If it was, I certainly would have left it factory original.

Yeah, I hear ya Paul. I won't try and pass mine off as an SS. I just like the look of the blacked out tail panel. It flows nicely with the theme. Which is why the knock offs are fine for me. They look good too!

post-1188-0-92971700-1503705585_thumb.png

from a gentleman who was making an SS clone. He had a machinist make 2 sets out of stainless. One set went with the car he sold and I made him an offer on the 2 new set. Right place, right time.attachicon.gifIMG_1809.JPG

I think you are talking about the SS Clone I bought.

post-4433-0-48828700-1504402008_thumb.jpg

post-4433-0-68716700-1504402184_thumb.jpg