window support bracket for front window

bettare

I am trying to upload a photo of four brackets that I believe came from my two front doors on my 71 Monte.  The file size is 1.7 MB and the program keeps telling me the file is to big.  I tried taking the picture with my 35mm and that file was 2.4 MB.  I believe the attachment program is 500 KB.  How do I upload the photo of the brackets.  I am not sure of where they go in the door.  I think they support the window as you foll it up.  It has two screw holes on each bracket and has a protective coating on the metal.  When they worked on the doors they told me they did not know where they go.  There are four of them with screws. 

Are you looking at these?

GGP-1485Y.jpg

I'll try to get a photo of my doors tonight, or at the least a scan of the assembly manual.  If you're doing anything more than just driving the car, the 1971 Chevelle/Monte Carlo factory assembly manual is the best $30 you'll ever spend on it.

Cody, the photo you sent are exactly the brackets I have four of.  Now the question is where do they go on the door?  I have several manuals of the 71 Monte, however I was not able to find out exactly where they screw into on the door.  Any photos or scan document would be great.  

I have taken off the panel on the driver side door.  There are two small support brackets that guide the window up and down and they have one bolt through them.  I can not find any area of the top of the door frame that have any kind of screw holds for these brackets.  Could these brackets possibly be for the back quarter glass or am I looking in the wrong area on the front door.  This one has me baffled.  I know they came out of this monte before the repair work, because I owned the car since new.  Need some help on this one.

I finally found out where those window support plates go.  You have to take out the door panel and all the hardware.  Then carefully remove the glass.  Once this is done you have access to the screws that support the felt window edge with chrome.  Remove the felt strip and you will find under the felt recess areas with two screw holes in each.  They are located at each end of the window.  Once the window support plates are screw in, then you can reassemble the door.  Quite a bit of work for two support plates.  This one really had me going until I decided to strip the whole door down.