Help Identifying Wires

201fireman

Freshened up a friends 1970/454.  He bought a new engine wiring harness from M&S Wiring (part number 15100).  We are having problems figuring out where these wires go.  They are on part of the harness that comes through the wiring gutter on the firewall and goes to the passenger's side.  It was a mess when we started so we have nothing to go off of. Below are two pictures. Any help with where they might go would be great. Thanks!

post-309-0-42789100-1505524641_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-15364600-1505524653_thumb.jpg

Chief,

Hopefully everything you need to know about that harness can be seen in one of the attached photos.  The illustration from the Factory Assembly Manual may be the most useful, but the Wiring Diagram of the engine bay also confirms the proper connections.  I took some photos of my '70 SS engine bay on that side, but it is difficult to follow the wire bundles.

Here's what I understand: In your first photo, the left hand connector (with the Y/DBL/B wires) goes to the wiper motor. The snap cap connector (with the single DBL wire) goes down to the high gear sensor on the side of the transmission.  Note: if you are not using the factory TCS (Transmission Controlled Spark) system, you don't need to connect it.

In your second photo, the left hand connector (with the DG and DBL wires) and the single connector (with the P wire) all go to the TCS relay mounted on the firewall just below the harness tray (see photo). The double connector (with the DG and DBL wires) goes to the TCS solenoid near the carb (again, if you use it).  The single connector on the right (with the DG wire) goes to the temperature switch in the block.  It's very hard to tell without seeing the entire harness up close, but that seems to be what the wiring diagram is saying.

Bottom line, if you are not using the factory TCS system, I doubt that most of those wires need to be connected.  Your call ...  Good luck.

post-567-0-91104300-1505582298_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-88176300-1505582343_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-65946300-1505582445_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-25039300-1505582470_thumb.jpg