Replace idiot lights for guages

amsterdam84

I have not used that kit, but I have used the kit in the link I have attached many times with great success. That kit will cost you more money by the time you are done than the kit I have posted. It will also not look correct at all in your car. Not sure if that matters to you, but if I was spending that amount of money I would want it to look factory correct. Just my opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-CHEVELLE-SS-454-LS6-EL-CAMINO-MONTE-TACH-6500-REDLINE-GAUGES-/272842750910?hash=item3f86b1fbbe:g:FWAAAOxy9eVRKjzo

He has kits for all small block or big block applications. Just ask him if you do not see them listed.

Mike,

There have been quite a few post threads on dash gauge conversions the past few years.  Here's a LINK to just one of them and you can find several more by using the Search feature with entries like "gauges", "idiot lights" or "dash conversions".

I completely agree with Dan's recommendation that you consider the excellent conversion kit offered on eBay by sonnie24.  If you decide to go that route, there is a project photo journal and more detailed instructions available to assist your project.

Mike, I too have used the kit offered by Sonnie, the quality is excellent and has good instructions. Dennis' link is very helpful to clarify Sonnie''s instructions. Sonnie's kit uses an AMP gauge, Shift works has a VOLT gauge, totally different wiring. I sent my AMP gauge out to be converted to VOLTS, my preference.....Shift works didn't offer this package when I did my conversion. Good luck!

• 2 months later...

No, I did it the easy way, purchased a 1971 with 350 4BBL and NO A/C, like mine, from a co worker, swapped all the items I needed (except the sending unit in the right cyl head) then sold the donor car.

I sure was lucky!

Bruce