Mind Hunters (Netflix)

Rob Peters

This coming Friday will be the Premier of Netflix new show Mind Hunters.  My car may be in some of the episodes of this show.  I was at numerous shoot locations for this series.  I am not sure what time the show will be on yet but hope to be watching to try to get a glimpse of it.

rob

We read in the paper that this show will be available on Friday, Oct 13th for streaming any time after 3:00AM that morning.  We also learned they will not start filming next year's episodes until next spring so, unlike last year when they would shoot all year round (they called me once when snow was in the forecast and I turned them down) so I wont have to worry about that next spring.

rob

Rod, we weren't told much during the filming so I am going on the same information as you, based upon the trailer and Netflix released information. I think you hit the nail on the head though.

rob

There is a glimpse of my car in episode 2 around the 47:26 point of that episode.  You can see the left side of my car from the left rear.  As you are watching one of the stars is sitting on his porch steps smoking a cigarette waiting for his partner.  Right after that it shows his ride coming and that is when you can catch a glimpse of my car....  My car will be giving out tread signatures at the Eastern Meet.

rob

I caught that without a doubt, the show so far ok.. we'll have to see if it gets better. Now I thought I seen your car on another scene, maybe you can endorse my spotting it or not.

On the introduction of the first episode,(right after the credit BRADDOCK PENNSYLVANIA) the scene where theirs an aerial shot of the Fed's car approaching a cop car and swat van. To the left there's a car that looks similar to yours, right next to the small shack. Or is that a Grand Prix.

Rod, I did notice that car also. I paused it when I saw that car and I think it is a Buick or a Pontiac. It looks like it could be a rag top but not sure. I was not at that taping site so I'm not positive. That guy with the shotgun had a pretty short role

rob

I have now watched 4 episodes. My car and I were at the scene in episode 4 at the 22 minute mark. We were there for 9 hours for them to shoot that less than 90 second scene and my cat never made it in the scene.

I will continue to watch the remaining 6 episodes.

rob

Well, it isn't much but One day while I was working our son, Tom, took my car to one of the shoots and part of my car is in a scene. You can see the passenger side roof and very little of the top of the passenger rear fender. It is in episode 5 if you start watching around the 14:30 mark of that episode. Again, it isn't much but it is there.

rob

I was watching episode 9 this evening. At around 17:20 the star is standing outside a laundromat, looking at his girlfriend inside as he enters the laundromat and around 17:25 I drive by in my Monte for a full side shot of my car. If you aren't watching for it you will miss it because it is an evening scene.

rob

The last episode of the season, episode 10, Holden and his girlfriend are in a grocery and at about 22:24, as they are leaving at 22:25 the car driving by is me in my Monte Carlo.

Rob

Rod, like I said above, it will be a glance. As each scene it was in began I recognized the scene, because I was there, so I started watching like a hawk or I could have missed it too.

In the beginning I was Luke warm on it but once the characters and storyline was set I thought it got better. That said, I still think some of the scenes last too long.rob