Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
Jared Richey

QTPs have arrived

I splurged a little yesterday and ordered qtp exhaust electric cutouts and two new Flowmaster Mufflers to quiet my red Monte Carlo down so I can enjoy driving it more..

For those wondering these are the three and a half inch qtp cutouts from Summit Racing. I have heard nothing but good things about them.. the cheaper ones burn up after a year or two.

$450 for the kit of cutouts including the Y pipe.

Also I posted a picture of my car as it sits today I have changed the look in the front a little, going with a 71 bumper.

For those who do not know the history of my car it is actually a 72 but I cloned it to a 71 SS but for a long time I had a 72 bumper and the Park lights behind the grill, well I left the Park lights behind the grill and added them in the bumper so now I have dual signals and parking lights in the front in Red LEDs.

Sometime ago I wired my backup lights for a extra brake light and turn signal as well.

Also added an authentic 70 cushion grip sport wheel that's not a repop and got the gauges in the dash working that need to work like fuel gauge and tach.

Throwback Thursday..5th picture took my senior year, almost 9 years ago. That would be my last time pulling out of that parking lot at Auto Tech.

IMG_20171109_141300553.jpg

IMG_20170930_135857121_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171109_141308361_LL.jpg

IMG_20171103_162651392_LL.jpg

FB_IMG_1508781028141.jpg

Jared, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. I was thinking of those QTP’s for my 70 also. Beautiful car by the way!

Done! Just finished wiring them, once I got it back home. Extremely simple wiring harness, basically plug and play, just route the wires safety.

FB_IMG_1510349988417.jpg