I've been working on a frame-off restoration of my 1971 Monte Carlo, but I'm losing my workspace soon and am forced to sell. This project comes with nearly all the parts you need (I've kept them all, but some need to be replaced--see below). Chassis, suspension, engine, trans, exhaust, brakes, fuel tank are all refurbed/rebuilt and installed (see pics)!
1971 Monte Carlo (I have the title)
350 Small Block bored .030 over
350 Turbo Hydromatic transmission (column shift)
Factory A/C car
2.5-inch H-pipe exhaust
- Complete frame-off rebuild. Every part, fastener, and bushing worked on thus far has been completely refurbished or replaced with new.
- Chassis stripped, de-rusted, and repainted with chassis semigloss black. Rear differential drained and refilled, stripped and repainted chassis semigloss black.
- Suspension completely stripped, repainted, and rebuilt with new bushings, fasteners, shocks, and springs.
- Front disk brake rebuilt witth new rotors. Rear drum brake rebuilt with new springs and cylinders.
- Fuel and brake lines replaced with new (steel).
- Exhaust replaced with new 2.5-inch H-pipe system with new headers.
- Transmission working perfectly so not touched except for cleaning and painting the pan.
- Engine rebuilt (was running strong but had a head gasket leak), but vacuum and electrical not yet installed: crank machined, all new bearings and bearing cap bolts, new pistons and rings, all new gaskets. Cam in good shape so cleaned and reinstalled. Headers refurbed, rods and lifters cleaned and replaced in original order, valves re-seated, new valve stem seals. Block stripped and painted with black high-temp paint, cylinders honed smooth. Heads reinstalled on block with new gaskets, head covers installed. Oil pan drained, cleaned, painted, and reinstalled with new gasket; oil pump cleaned and reinstalled. Starter and fuel pump cleaned and reinstalled. New oil filter installed.
- Engine, transmission, and driveshaft reinstalled on chassis.
- All parts removed from body. Underside stripped, repainted, and undercoated with high-quality undercoat. Firewall painted with black high-temp paint. Body reinstalled on chassis with new body bushings.
- Fuel tank stripped and repainted (interior in good condition--zero rust), new fuel pump installed--tank reinstalled but not connected to fuel lines.
- Body work: new driver floor pan and full trunk pan installed (both are solid but require finishing work before painting). A section near the A-pillar must be replaced--I have the needed section from a donor car.
- Upholstery: I have the original upholstery except the carpet and headliner, but it needs to be replaced. Seat springs and cushions are in good shape.
- Wiring: I kept the original loom but I wouldn't reinstall it.
- Rubber: I have most of the rubber seals and belts, but I'd replace them all.
- Wheels: the wheels are Cragars--they can be refurbed but you might want to get new ones. The tires must be replaced before driving.
- Heater box was torn during removal. Can be repaired or replaced.
- Metal under dash by A-pillar needs to be replaced. I have the replacement section but haven't gotten to it yet.
- Steel trim: I have all the trim, some of it definitely needs some TLC.
- Dash pad: small tear that can be repaired.
- Steering wheel: several cracks. Can be fixed with epoxy and paint.
**Buyer responsible for transport**