Crazy Dave (Re-Post from facebook)

Rob Peters

Good Evening all.  Below is a post from Patricia (Red).  Please keep Dave's family in your thoughts and prayers: 

Hello to Dave's friends, this is his wife Patricia (Red). Most of you know that Dave passed away last night with his family with him. He is now at peace and out of pain in the arms of our Lord Jesus. I know how much the racing community meant to him and how much he loved the sport and the people associated with it. There will be a grave side funeral on Friday the 24th @ 10am at Evergreen Memorial Park 7961 OR-99W, McMinnville, OR 97128, followed by an open house at our home located @ 568 E 16th St, Lafayette, 97127. You are more than welcome to join our family in celebrating Dave's life. If you have any questions please feel free to text me @ 916-996-6095 or email redisaid@yahoo.com. Love to all.

Rob, that is sad and shocking news!  I have often wondered how Dave's battle with cancer was going but had heard nothing for months until now.  What a great guy and helpful club member - the forums here have not been the same without him for many months.  If the club is planning any kind of a tribute, please let us know and count me in.  Thanks.

This is just terrible news.............. I never met Dave personally at our meets but had the pleasure of chatting with him via phone on a couple of occasions and with my short stint on Team Chevelle with Davey...

Shocked and Saddened to hear this..... RED you are in my thoughts as is Davey's Family.......

God Bless

Darren

med_gallery_1851_4_1413157501_2443_zpson

Thank you Red for taking the time in you and your family's grief to update us.  Dave helped make our Meet(s) more entertaining with his wit and will be missed by all who knew him.

Peace be with you and your family. 

Sincerest Regards,

Doug

Very sad to hear.

I remember when he was just getting started building his Chevelle up to race...his car each time out would get faster and faster. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but didn't it hit the high 8's at one point?

Rest in Peace Dave.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but didn't it hit the high 8's at one point?

I used to follow Davey's results fairly closely by watching the videos Red posted of his best runs.  He was constantly improving the performance of his Chevelle but I don't remember anything in the 8's.  Below is what he included in his signature block on one of his last FGMCC forum posts but it may not be the best he ever did:

'67 Chevelle 9.44 ET 140.31 mph 5.97 114.41 mph 1/8 1.31 60'

Every video I saw of Dave launching his Chevelle looked like a fighter pilot leaving the deck of a carrier.

post-567-0-68987700-1511135751_thumb.jpg

The last few videos of someone else driving it it was down in the low 9.1xx

He was very close... That dang car started out in the mid 12s if I remember correctly.

I was heading out to a drag strip reunion yesterday and came across the crazy Davey racing hat and then when I got back read the news on Facebook he had died

I just got the news from this post......so sad.

I spoke with Crazy Davey a few times when I was building my 502 and he was just the nicest and most helpful person you could ever want to meet.  Heck, he even sent me a 502 flywheel (for free) when I couldn't find one locally.

RIP Davey

• 3 weeks later...