ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts
  • LocationBonney Lake, WA
  • Legal Name:Lloyd J Wilson
  • Occupation:You have reached a non working member of the Boeing Company

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

http://shiny-hiney.com is closing it's doors; and chatting with them I ca get a deal on the LED tail lights at $79/pair for an order of (10) with one transaction. (limited time offer) After that they may no longer be available; a link to my Monte with the lights on. Camera shutter has a cool affect but they flash fast enough to hardly be seen by naked eye.

https://m.facebook.c...100001202251828

• Canuck likes this
Life happens

#2 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

http://shiny-hiney.com is closing it's doors; and chatting with them I ca get a deal on the LED tail lights at $79/pair for an order of (10) with one transaction. (limited time offer) After that they may no longer be available; a link to my Monte with the lights on. Camera shutter has a cool affect but they flash fast enough to hardly be seen by naked eye.

https://m.facebook.c...100001202251828

I am going to buy a spare set and he will sell them to me for $99; although I asked him if I could get a group discount and he told me $79 So I will probably just go ahead Wednesday with the $99 dollar purchase unless there is some interest in others buying at a group rate. I think it was Ben BigBen Nunziato who originally found these some time ago but with him closing shop I figured this might be a good time to see if there is any interest.

Application: 1970-72 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Product Details: Converts the tail, stop, and turn signals into very bright and visible LEDs. LEDs feature a wide viewing angle of 100 degrees as well as cool operation and long life. This kit is designed to bolt into a 1970-72 Chevy Monte Carlo taillight housing with the provided, stainless steel brackets. Stock lenses are reused for a factory appearance when the lights are off. Includes RapidFire™ brake lights and modulated taillights for maximum vehicle visibility.

Installation Time: About 30 minutes.

LEDs: 28 per side, high intensity LEDs, 100 degree viewing angle, rugged four pin design.

Kit Contents: (4) LED arrays, (4) solderless connectors, (2) LED to car electrical harness, (2) Rapidfire modules, installation instructions.

bottom.jpg 

Life happens

#3 Rock

Rock

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Legal Name:Glen

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

I have a set, has there been known issues with them? Wonder if a spare would be in order?
Posted Image
Nothing special about this Monte. No SS, no rare options just a super sweet car to drive and take me back to the good old days!

#4 Leghome

Leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"

• Members

• 4,942 posts
  • Location35 mi NE of INDY
  • Legal Name:Larry E Gilbert

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

I have a friend Steve Griffith from Pendleton IN who gave the his original tail light off of his 72 to design the LED set up for our cars. He has not had any problem with them.

• ADGTRUNKLID likes this
http://www.firstgenm...-monte-trailer/
Larry E Gilbert
Markleville IN
"IF'n I had know retirement was this good I'd have done it a lot sooner"

#5 Rock

Rock

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

I’ve had mine a couple years and have had 0 issues but electronics have issues, even low voltage electronics. I really do like them and would hate to go back to old school tail lights.
  • ADGTRUNKLID likes this
Posted Image
Nothing special about this Monte. No SS, no rare options just a super sweet car to drive and take me back to the good old days!

#6 Paul Bell

Paul Bell

Bronze Member

• Members

• 846 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Sign me up!

1971 Monte Carlo SS clone, 496 CID, 600 HP 600 ft lbs, 9 inch rear.
1999 Trans Am. Plenty bolt-ons.
2003 Isuzu Ascender Limited DD

#7 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

I have a set, has there been known issues with them? Wonder if a spare would be in order?

Mine are still working fine, although I figure a spare would be great, or if I get another Monte down the line they would come in handy

Life happens

#8 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

Sign me up!

Okay we only need 8 more orders for the discount rate and this is legitimate; I was one of the first FGMCC store administrators and not here to give the short end to anybody. Sure there are some great people on here that would vouch for me as a sweet caring person; okay maybe that is a bit much LOL  

Life happens

#9 Rock

Rock

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,834 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

If we can get a set for $80 count me in.

• ADGTRUNKLID likes this
Posted Image

#10 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

If we can get a set for $80 count me in.

Cool we only need 7 more orders now; he said $99 was a black Friday thing; hopefully we can get an extension if needed for the group buy needing (10 orders) at the $79/pair deal

Life happens

#11 cbolt

cbolt

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,117 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Florida

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

Count me in. I have LED bulbs which are really nice, but what the heck

"Blue Thunder"

#12 72 Monte Carlo

72 Monte Carlo

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationWeston
  • Legal Name:Doug Harral

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

Count me in too!

#13 72-CLASSIC_RIDE

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

Silver Member

• Members

• 2,321 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
  • Legal Name:Douglas L Cameron

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

I'm game at the $80.00 price point.

Doug

MYSIGNATUREPIC-1.jpg
1972 CUSTOM (Z03) - 402 CI, TH400, 12 Bolt 331:1 Posi, Power Driver 4-way Seat, Console, Full Gauges, Tilt, A/C, AM/FM Stereo, Power Trunk, Windows, Locks, Cruise Control & Keyless Entry

#14 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

Well it looks like we only need 4 more people to get the order started. Was thinking about using Andreas Kwetkus as the go between as I trust him and he is a good guy but has not been online for some time.

So, the alternate method would be to get the money to me and PayPal would be the easiest way, and I think they guarantee the purchase.

The guy said "$79/pair for an order of (10) with one transaction" so it would have to be from one person and he preferred PayPal. If I could get the majority of the cash I would pay the balance; hopefully at least 50% in hand.

Then he said free shipping; of course, that would be to the person placing the order; so, as a good gesture I would pay half your shipping to where you live from Bonney Lake Zip 98391. Maybe you could get an estimate from the zip code and it would be priority mail from FedEx whatever they charge for packaging and shipping I will pay half.  

Hopefully Rob Peters and maybe Aaron/Canuck will vouch for me.

For those interested I will give my Phone number personal address and email; that email can also be used as the PayPal account. I thought this was just to good of a deal to pass up and I want another set before they are gone.

Lloyd James Wilson and that is my Facebook account name also

Life happens

#15 Paul Bell

Paul Bell

Bronze Member

• Members

• 846 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

I trust you Lloyd.

• ADGTRUNKLID likes this

#16 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

If you can PayPal the money to savage-1@comcast.net and if you need you can email me at that address to make arrangements. I will let the guy know we have 6 (including mine) orders now in hopes that he gives us some time past Friday.

Life happens

#17 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

I have a friend Steve Griffith from Pendleton IN who gave the his original tail light off of his 72 to design the LED set up for our cars. He has not had any problem with them.

That is awesome very small world sometimes

Life happens

#18 420ponies

420ponies

Silver Member

• Members

• 1,109 posts
  • LocationCorning,N.Y.14830

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

Sign me up for a set !! Mine have had no problems as of 3yrs. But still would like a spare set. I'll money to your paypal. Thanks for letting us know. man, closing the business,that sucks.

#19 Paul Bell

Paul Bell

Bronze Member

• Members

• 846 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Hey Lloyd, how is this gonna work?

I'll assume the bulk sale of 10 will be to you at your one shipping address. Form there, you'll ship to us buyers?

If the kit would fit into a USPS flat rate box which is about $17.00 with some insurance, should we add that to the $79.00 and send you $96.00?

• ADGTRUNKLID likes this

#20 ADGTRUNKLID

ADGTRUNKLID

One

• Members

• 251 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Hey Lloyd, how is this gonna work?

I'll assume the bulk sale of 10 will be to you at your one shipping address. Form there, you'll ship to us buyers?

If the kit would fit into a USPS flat rate box which is about $17.00 with some insurance, should we add that to the $79.00 and send you $96.00?

Excellent question from a post I posted a few post ago LOL sounds weird anyway (see below) and USPS flat rate would be cool as well, whichever is cheaper; it should automatically be insured for at least $100, but that will be another question I will have to ask the post office

"Then he said free shipping; of course, that would be to the person placing the order; so, as a good gesture I would pay half your shipping to where you live from Bonney Lake Zip 98391. Maybe you could get an estimate from the zip code and it would be priority mail from FedEx whatever they charge for packaging and shipping I will pay half. "

Life happens

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tail Lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Home Page
Mission|Benefits|Join|Renew|Merchandise
Message Forum
Members' Montes|Meet Photos
Tech Info|Museum|Parts|Registry|Links|Contact Us