85 replies to this topic

#81 Paul Bell

Paul Bell

Bronze Member

• Members

• 846 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

I thought I read here or somewhere else that if the front turn signals still had original style lamps, no electronic flasher would be needed.

1971 Monte Carlo SS clone, 496 CID, 600 HP 600 ft lbs, 9 inch rear.
1999 Trans Am. Plenty bolt-ons.
2003 Isuzu Ascender Limited DD

#82 lastss

lastss

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,254 posts
  • LocationMYRTLE BEACH SC

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

You don’t need the electronic flasher with stock bulbs up front, just like Paul states above, I do strongly suggest you do an easy job of it and buy the 1157 pigtails to preserve the factory wiring and it’s quick and easy. Solder the connection but use a heat sink clip and shrink tube and your done. Carry your old bulbs in case it fails and easy to go back to stock bulb set up in mins. Black gaskets in kit are too thick to get trim back on, reuse factory ones or cut them down... Very important to make sure electronic board in center has enough clearance as to not crush any components. Back a few yrs they used a 1/4 spacer between board and metal base and it was too thick and it would damage the board with stock gasket, however the thick one fixed that but interfered with getting trim back on, ( horse u trim). I think that has been corrected. If you find it still using the white plastic 1/4 spacer, take it off and use a thin plastic shim instead, like an old credit card and make it to shield the back of the whole center control board......
Bob Lyman

#83 lastss

lastss

Bronze Member

• Members

• 1,254 posts
  • LocationMYRTLE BEACH SC

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hope the above doesn’t scare anyone away from these. I have installed 3 sets for buddy’s and they work great and are still going strong, just heed the above and you’ll be happy and done in less than an hour. Bob
Bob Lyman

#84 MCfan

MCfan

Gold Member

• Members

• 2,603 posts
  • LocationPunta Gorda, FL (winter); Crosslake, MN (summer)
  • Legal Name:Dennis Bengtson

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 AM

Hope the above doesn’t scare anyone away from these. I have installed 3 sets for buddy’s and they work great and are still going strong, just heed the above and you’ll be happy and done in less than an hour. Bob

Thanks for your suggestions, Bob - nothing like the voice of experience!  I have two sets of pigtails waiting and look forward to installing the lights when they arrive.  I like easily reversible modifications - so many aren't ...

• lastss likes this

Dennis

sml_gallery_567_4_470590.jpg                                     sml_gallery_567_4_3184004.jpg

1970 matching #'s 402/M20 4-speed/3.31 12-bolt Posi                1970 SS454/TH400/2.56 12-bolt Posi
Punta Gorda, FL                                                                        Crosslake, MN

#85 71MonteCarloMD

71MonteCarloMD

Gold Member

• Members

• 2,100 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD
  • Legal Name:Rick Baker

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 AM

Catching up on this as have been dealing with family issues, can I still buy for 88?

#86 amsterdam84

amsterdam84

Eastern Meet Canadian Stalker

• Members

• 1,227 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada
  • Legal Name:Mike

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Is this deal still available?
Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tail Lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic