#121 mymontesa70

mymontesa70

Brass Member

• Members

• 286 posts
  • Locationmpls. minnesota
  • Legal Name:Brandon Landsberger

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

sorry for the lack of update. I love the lights! i knew this was something i did. I got everything fixed and i could of saved myself a bit of time and frustration if i stepped back from it and approached it logically. I did put a electronic flasher on right away for cheap insurance, plus i just like the loud audible click it makes when signals are on. Basically after cutting out all my heat shrink and pretty soldered connections i went through and put a test light on it, jumped the left to the right, the right to left, really anything i could think of to narrow down why that 40+ year wiring wasn't working. After a frustrating night i went back through this forum and realized i put the circuit board in with the big new gasket on top and then cranked down the lens assembly. That was my no no. i went out and backed the screws off and what do you know everything works! As a more permanent solution i cut slits in the middle of the big gasket for the four tabs of the board so its sandwiched in there. re-soldered everything pretty again and i am one happy camper. 

Moral of the story, do not ground out your lights. these things are awesome! my 5 yr old will be the first to tell you how cool the strobe looks through a cloud of smoke. 

thanks again

#122 420ponies

420ponies

Silver Member

• Members

• 1,197 posts
  • LocationCorning,N.Y.14830

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Great you got them working!!

Jim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tail Lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic