Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
raceking46

wtb first gen

I have a guy I work with who wants me to find him a first gen. His list is pretty simple. He wants a car he can just get in and drive. This guy is not a mechanic so everything has to work. He would like AC but that's not a deal breaker. He would also prefer a black car but again not a deal breaker. Other then that he doesn't care as long as everything works and he can just get in and drive it.

he said in the 10-15 range

That’s a realistic budget. He should be able to find a small block cruiser in very good shape for that.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo/6404129181.html

All you need to do is get past the paint job and some of the custom interior.

I am speechless on this one.  Definitely not my taste but the guy did have some kind of vision that appealed to his senses or senselessness.

rob

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo/6404129181.html

All you need to do is get past the paint job and some of the custom interior.

As a custom car, that one is classier and more coordinated than many I've seen ... and we've all seen far worse things done to a first gen Monte!  If someone was looking for a statement vehicle with a classic shape, that one might fit the bill.  Sounds like they have around $10K in the engine alone.  What kind of shop would dump that much time, work and money into a customer car without at least a hefty down payment up front or incremental payments as the work progressed?  Something smells fishy about this deal but there are no flies on the car ... 

Hey I have a 1971 Monte Carlo 402 BB 12 bolt posi  blue with black interior & blk vinyl top.  AC but needs charged HEADERS & FLOW MASTER EXHAUST 17500.00

Mike

Hey I have a 1971 Monte Carlo 402 BB 12 bolt posi  blue with black interior & blk vinyl top.  AC but needs charged HEADERS & FLOW MASTER EXHAUST 17500.00

Mike

Mike,

I would start a new thread and post pictures...we all love them and they really do help sell the car.

Good luck,

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks I'll try to post again with more pics.  Did your guy buy a car I saw that post but it was from Dec of last year

Mike

410-507-5203

Hey Steve,

Thanks I'll try to post again with more pics.  Did your guy buy a car I saw that post but it was from Dec of last year

Mike

410-507-5203

I am not the OP was just thinking you would get more traction from your own thread.