Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  
BLKMGIC

72 MONTE RADIATOR

Question regarding buying a replacement radiator for our 72 Monte. 350+ 5.7 V8. We purchased a 4 core radiator replacement for our Monte ... we measured the dimensions for the old radiator and purchased the new one. The only thing is ... is that the bottom lower core part of the radiator does not fit into the radiator support. The new radiator bottom dimension is 2.5” and the support in the car is only 1.5”. Can somebody please give me some info on what I need to purchase? We’ve looked like crazy online. Thank You!

I believe you can purchase the "wider" lower rubber core supports thru Lutty's. I did in fact put in a 4 core in mine back in '06 and had to order these supports.

Jim

Shelley how does the original radiator fit in the core support? Also how many bolts hold down the hold down plate for the radiator? There is two different sizes of core supports. One will have four bolt holes for the hold down top and the other has three.