passing gear ,kickdown

rsorg

not sure why but when i take my car out for a drive and mash on the gas only sometimes does the trans shift down to the passing gear and sometimes it does not, any thoughts ,big block, with turbo 400,thanks

robert, thanks for the response ,i did notice the electrical connection at the drivers side of the transmission ,does not want to stay tight on the connection is there a way to make sure that connection is tight and will not come loose,the rubber boot appears to be dry rotted ,mayba little silicone ( adhesive) thanks rogersi

Roger you can always change the end. I don’t recall what the end at the transmission looks like. What happens to a lot of the connections is they wear over time which causes them to lose their firm connection. Is it’s a spade connection you would need to crimp the other end to take up the play.

Robert, yes there is two spades fittings coming off the trans ,(I think)and the rubber fitting on the trans harness has a rubber boot that fits onto the spade fittings I tried to use a zip tye to go around the boot my boot appears to be dry rotted ,I will try changing the connections ,Thanks roger