Hood bumpers

Clever Idiot

When I got my '70, it had one original fender with 3 bumpers, and 1 NOS fender with 1 bumper in the front. It didn't have the holes in the NOS fender for the other 2, but I added them, just to match the other side.

Dan

Just to add.. all of mine early production '70s have all six, three on each side. Maybe GM decided to cut there as well, talk about penny pinching. :lol:

• Like 1

OK, I'll take that back, originals had three slots for the bumpers. Illustrations in the assembly and service manuals show this and there's a few used fenders on Ebay where you can see the three slots.

After more than 47 years, if you are not the original owner, anyone before you, could have replaced anything with anything. My 71 has replacement fenders I bought from a dealership around 1983, with only 1 punched hole per fender closer to the front. The other 2 spots, per fender, never got punched. Front clips are a popular way to repair ft end damage.

Bruce

I sadly must report that both my fenders have been replaced, one hood bumper slot in each. :doh::angry::mad:

However, I'd say we've settled the question of how many hood bumpers are supposed to be on the fenders.

I just stole this photo off an ebay sale, NOS 1970 fender. I cleaned it up a bit.

Only the front bumper mount slot is punched, the center and rear are blanked.

So you come across a 70 NOS fender ad on ebay and don't post a link for it??.

rob

So you come across a 70 NOS fender ad on ebay and don't post a link for it??.

rob

I kinda figured if somebody were looking for a 1970 NOS fender, ebay would be towards the top of their list of places to check.

But here ya go!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Monte-Carlo-Genuine-GM-NOS-RH-Front-Fender-3970614/362175515373?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3AMonte+Carlo&hash=item545357caed:g:m6YAAOSwT2daIwoi&vxp=mtr