Dash Restore III

Leghome

The new aftermarket dash did not have the hole for the seat belt light. I bought a USB port and cut a hole in the new dash (ouch) and mounted the USB port there. Had to modify the wood grain slightly for it to fit. I am now trying to decide what to do about the black  between the port and the wood grain. It does not look bad but it could be better. Some brown paint close to the wood grain color with another spot or two of a darker color is one option I have considered. Anyone have any suggestions? Should have the dash reinstalled in about 2 weeks after we get all of the wiring completed for the Dakota Digital Display. Starting to come together as far as the interior goes then to reinstall the brake booster after I get it back from Brake Boosters who are restoring it. That should be about the end of February is what Steve told when he received it during the holidays when he called to find out what all I wanted him to do to it. Decided to go ahead and have it polished before plating as it had been sandblasted at one time. 

Did you clean up / paint the brake and parking brake assemblies while the dash is out? It made mine look much better.

Snow ball....

post-76-0-60474300-1515265158_thumb.jpg

post-76-0-90170400-1515265175_thumb.jpg

I am going to but not yet. To many other things to do including starting this week a walk in shower in the master bath. I fell in the tub trying to get in earlier this week, Had the new shower just waiting for the new shower doors to arrive and just leaving to go pick it up. Demo starts next weekend

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The new dash is installed but my Kenwood speakers will not fit with the Dakota Digital dash pod. DANG it. The Voltage meter is larger than the old amp meter. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what speakers were used to solve it. I seen some speakers on one of the threads that had a smaller magnet on them but at 89.99 I was hesitant to order. It is going to be month or more before the 72 gets back on the road as I am also waiting for Steve Gregori to finish the restoration of the brake booster. Here is a link to the speakers I found http://turnswitch.com/speakers.htm