Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Rob Peters

Your Thoughts On This Activity for the Eastern Meet

It has been a number of years since we did a 70's dress-up night for the Awards Dinner.  In the past we gave an award for the best "period" clothing.    You know, the Hippie Style...... This does not mean the Disco look because that came after our cars were done.  

If we get enough interest we will have another Period Dress Award Dinner.

Another activity...... Carlisle Events also give an award for the "Coolest Club Canopy" and our club won that award at our last Eastern Meet there in 2015 and I feel we could repeat that again this year.  When we won in 2015 it really upset the Impala Club because we ended their streak and I think we can do it again this year.

If anyone has any suggestions for the Eastern Meet please contact me asap either with a PM here on the club site or by an email at rob29ford@aol.com

rob

sounds cool, will have to check out some old photo's to see what that means for me, Ron

Sounds like a "shopping trip" to the very back of the closet might be in order.  If no luck there, try estate sales - men have been known to hang on to more than their tools and guns, including old clothing, shoes and sports equipment.  :)

Save that or do that for the 50th also

Anniversary. Rene and are not gonna make this Eastern Meet.

How do you think we feel. :D

I want to get going on my motor project for the monte. So i need the $$$ for that. ;)

I plan on making the 50th hopefully. The wife is doing much better these days. She is actually heading to Kansas to visit a friend for the week and is going all by herself. She is flying out on Sunday. And I get a little Me time ! Yeah!

I plan on making the 50th hopefully. The wife is doing much better these days. She is actually heading to Kansas to visit a friend for the week and is going all by herself. She is flying out on Sunday. And I get a little Me time ! Yeah!

That is great news Glen.  Not just the 50th but for sure the news on your wife.

rob

How about strippers ??? That's always a fun activity. Just saying.

:rofl:

How about strippers ??? That's always a fun activity. Just saying.

OK, I'll do it but do you want me dressed as a police officer or fireman?

FIREMAN of course.. BUT Please don't take my job!!! I need the money.

Tips are not what they used to be !!

Michael, no offence intended but do you think the decline in tips volume may be related to the decline in your appeal? Just thinking out loud here.

rob

Save that or do that for the 50th also

Anniversary. Rene and are not gonna make this Eastern Meet.

Tony, maybe holding off till the 50th anniversary is a better idea, for the flash-back wardrobe show.

rob

Rob, I am starting to believe that you might be on to something. Regardless of the effort...Fall off the pole twice in one show and there go all the tips again..

, it's getting harder to pay the bills. I May need to look for a new career.

Falling off of the pole now that is an image that will not let me go back to sleep. Thanks Michael I am having trouble sleeping and you just added fuel tot he fire.  YUCK

It just occurred to me, not only is the 2020 Eastern Meet the 50th anniversary of the Monte Carlo, It will also be the 20th anniversary of the First Generation Monte Carlo Club.  Now that will be a good reason for some serious Bench Racing partying.

rob

We will start stocking up on the knight goodies for the tent again! As you know we are always happy to dress up here at the "D's" house, usually for Halloween but I'm sure we can make an exception for a theme night! Driving games like the poker run again? Parking lot activities other than the nighttime bench racing, like driving skill tests again?

The poker run was entertaining because we got to see more of the area than what we were used to, lots around that we were not even aware of

We are shooting to make the 50th Anniversary meet in Carlisle