Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Crank

Finally got it!

Picked up my vortec on Monday. Got it torn down and ready for reassembly today. Lotsa goodies.....Bored .20 over with 9.5:1 comp. Lunati cam with beehive springs. Comp lifters,push rods and rockers. Edelbrock manifold and carb. Mallory distributor. Picking up my 8” corvette rallies the end of the month. Can’t wait for spring! Wonder what colour I should paint the motor. The engine bay is totally flat black, any suggestions?

post-7204-0-99141900-1515635651_thumb.png

I'm with that one too... that's what I'm painting my new build.. chevy orange

If you are going modified and plan to show, The high end judges would recommend that you match the Block to the color of the car. If staying mainly stock.. then by all means Chevy orange.

Thanks everyone. I think I will paint it orange. I went through the entire gallery looking at all the different versions. The majority are orange, but came across a very nice black one. “Monte Jim” has a black one with orange inlays on the valve covers and the air cleaner. Looks super cool! Think I’m going to try orange motor, black valve covers and air cleaner with orange hylites. It’s only paint, if I don’t like....change it.