Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
201fireman

TH350 Cooler Line Size

Hello, can anyone confirm that the transmission cooler lines on a 72 small block TH350 are 5/16" lines?  I installed a B&M cooler when I put a stall in and I am adding an Autometer trans temp gauge. I need to add the manifold below to hold the sending unit. Also, is this the best way to make the gauge work or is there a better way? They are pretty proud of this manifold judging by the price. Another thought, if I am spending $52 for a manifold, would it make sense to upgrade the lines and if so, what set-up would be recommended?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2287

Yes, 5/16 line. The manifold looks like a good way to install a transmission temp gauge without drilling a hole in the pan, which is the only other way I know of to locate the sensor. Yes it's a bit spendy but I would bite the bullet and do it for two reasons: 1. I have before but don't like drilling holes in something that's designed to contain liquid 2. In the overall budget it will be a minor expenditure.