Home Page  | How to Join  | Official Merchandise  | Western Meet | Eastern Meet | Meet Photos | Technical Info  | Museum  | Parts Sources  | Officers
Sign in to follow this  

3 years ago this month of January I had surgery to remove a baseball size tumor from my colon.

I had stage 2 Type 4 Colon Cancer, I was 23 years old.

Every year that passes is another small victory, I did not know 3 years ago 2 days before Christmas if I would live to 25.

Cancer doesn't discriminate.

Through lots of prayers and the Good Lord Above, I feel better now than I have in years. I didn't know what feeling normal was, as this could have started growing 3-10 years prior!

Be vigilant everyone, don't just brush off something that doesn't look or feel normal, also they are not any fun but colonosopys save lives. Had I made a fuss sooner, I could have saved myself chemotherapy and radiation and the permanent damage from it (nerve damage).

Just wanted to share my story again, be thankful for everyday you have, enjoy your hobbies and drive those cars, rack up the miles, something might hinder you from it one day.

Just a few thoughts.

Hey Jared,

Glad you are doing better!

Quote:" Cancer doesn't discriminate." So very true. Your lifestyle doesn't matter. I am mid 50's and haven't had the dreaded colonoscopy yet. Too modest.

Maybe you convinced me!

Stay on top of things and get checked regularly.

Will say a prayer for you for your continued recovery!

Brian

Good to hear you're doing better. Great words of wisdom from such a young man, stay positive and thanks for your advice.

Great to hear you are doing better.  Stay focused and keep that positive attitude.  Later RJD

Glad to hear your doing better, I just had mine done and all was well. They found a few polips but nothing to worry about. It really isn't that bad guys definitely get it done.

I'm glad you are well and that's behind you so to speak. I'm coming up on 4 years after prostate cancer surgery. They told me I would have had 5 years left. Stay positive.... 

Glad you are doing better! Keep up the good work.

Joe Bobowski

Glad you doing better Jared i remember that well. Had us all worried about you being so young and all.    I agree everyone is modest but it could save your life. I had it done a few times, and the worst part of it is drinking that stuf the night before and then running to the bathroom. The actual surgery is nothing, your sleeping guys. We all want to live long, healthy lives not long unhealthy lives. Take care of yourselves.

I had my forth colonoscopy today.  My first two were no issues found. The one I had 5 years ago they found two polop's that were non-cancer and another two small ones again today and they said they did not appear to be cancerous either.  

Like Willie said, come on guys, you are asleep.  Yeah, I admit the prep is not pleasant but it is a lot better than it used to be.  This, like a prostate exam are neither pleasant but both can be lifesaving.  A PSA test is also a good idea.

rob

Yeah,

My dad died at 50 yo of colon cancer. His father 6 years later also. I have had 5 or 6. The prep used to be far worse but they found the sodium in the old phosho soda was bad on the kidneys if I remember correctly. My gastro says new way doesn’t clean you out as well but much more bearable for the patient.

If they find a polyp they want you back in a year, if not they want you back in three. Not fun. But better safe than sorry.

Dan

My guy says 5 years with no polyp's. I like his theory better.

Great to hear Jared!!! I've been going for colonoscopies since my mid 30's due to the fact I'm high risk. Always better safe than sorry!! Here's to a lifetime cancer free for you!!!!

Steve

I've been going for colonoscopies since my mid 30's due to the fact I'm high risk!!!!

Steve

Steve, being Anal retentive doesn't necessarily put someone at a high risk..........except with their friends.

rob

Steve, you do know I'm just pulling your chain, your attention to detail is one of the things that make your restorations such a favorite.

rob

Lol @ Rob's comment, the 12 yr old me chuckled as soon as I read "Anal retentive"