Interior paint ideas

wss202

Good afternoon folks,

I did some searching and didn't see any answers, so I will ask here. I am working on the interior of my 70 Monte Carlo, which has black interior. I have a few questions if I may:

1. For interior parts like the A-pillar, is satin black the proper color to use when painting them? If not, what do you folks suggest?

2. I am painting the plastic panel that goes between the door armrest and the door panel itself. They were chrome from the factory and it has worn off, but the plastic itself is still in good shape. What have you guys chosen to paint the panel? I know it won't look factory but will surely look better than it does now.

3. Are all the black plastic interior trim pieces going to use the same color and gloss level as I asked about in question #1?

Doesn't duplicolor make a chrome paint?

They may call it chrome paint, but it's really not.  However, to color those with whatever he chooses to use is a good idea unless replacing them with the aftermarket ones sold.

There are a few interior spray paints that will fit your bill for a finish you want.  I bought (Name - OEM) Spray Paint when I touch up my interior which is vinyl.  Couldn't see any difference when done.  

Doug

I used SEM trim paint on my 72 part number 39143.  Looks like factory and a very good product. Also used on my seat backs and lower seat trim. I have now replaced all of it with new aftermarket when I redid my interior 3 years ago.

I think those arm rest "chrome" parts are available from one of the suppliers. I have never had any good results with chrome paint and prefer to just replace the part. Matter of fact, I know those parts are available because I replaced mine with new ones. From what I remember they fit as well as the original part.